6150 keypad trying to set up a vista 15P panel

Old 09-10-14, 05:40 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
6150 keypad trying to set up a vista 15P panel

I just bought a 15P board and a 6150PL2 fixed english keypad. I tried the *# at the same time within a few seconds of power up (no Battery) to enter program mode the lcd lite up but nothing on the read out. I disconected power hit 1 3 at the same time (to see if keypad worked) and 18 displayed with the 1 flashing I'm not getting an armed or ready light. The only thing I have wired into the panel right now is the 4 wires for the kepad green yellow for data black red for ground and power. I have resistors connected to all 6 zones. I know It's tough to change zone programs with the 6150 but I don't need to do that. I have windows, doors, one motion detector, an inside siren with no call out or monitoring and I believe zone one is set for entry exit delay if i read the mamnual right. Am I doing something wrong?
I'm old school alarm systems. Went to ademcos 2 week training seminar in 1980 did some security work when you had to blow the proms. This new alarm stuff is overwelming me. My brother is methed out and has nailed me three times in six months. my funds are limited and he knows my schedule so an alarm is my only option. Thank goodness that stuff makes you paranoid and a loud siren will be enough to make him run! (sorry for the personal stuff, but as you can see i need help!) Can't even do insurance anymore.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-14, 07:31 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 37 Votes on 36 Posts
Change the keypad address to 16.

Old 09-12-14, 08:35 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thank you.
Everything came on including the ready light.