GE Networx NX-8E with GE/Interlogix smoke detectors

Old 09-23-14, 05:46 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
GE Networx NX-8E with GE/Interlogix smoke detectors

I'm having frequent problems with my GE/Interlogix 449CSTE 4-wire smoke detectors. These have been installed as a package with my GE Networx NX-8E system about 2 years ago.

These smoke detectors frequently initiate faults (every 3 months or so), which can be cleared after a thorough cleaning of the optical chamber and the sensor. At this point, one of these detectors has come to a point that cleaning won't work.

Living in Europe is practically impossible to aqcuire a replacement either for the optical chambers or the detectors themeselves.

The question is, can these detectors be replaced with any other brand and still work with the GE Networx NX-8E system? Let me just emphasize that this system is ALL US, it was bought from US, so there is nothing European into it.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-14, 07:07 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 37 Votes on 36 Posts
Any 4-wire smoke detector that will operate off of a 12vdc system will work just fine. Ultimately, they are just fancy relays....

Old 09-23-14, 12:39 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks MrRonFL.
Any good and reliable brand to suggest? The GE was the most expensive but proved to be anything but reliable so far.

Old 09-24-14, 03:53 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 37 Votes on 36 Posts
My preference is the System Sensor models: https://www.systemsensor.com/en-us/P...Detectors.aspx