Add door sensor

Old 10-28-14, 05:09 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Add door sensor

I've added a door sensor before, but something is different this time.

I have an Ademco Lynxr-CR as it shows on the circuit board. Trying to add a sensor that I bought on Amazon, a 5816VMWH.

When going through the steps the system will not take the serial number shown on the outside of the device.

I have tried entering manually and using the 4 transmissions 5 seconds apart method.

When out of programming if I pull the magnet away from the sensor the alarm announces "disarmed, not ready to arm"

All my existing door sensors appear to work - they will chime when a door is opened, which is all that I'm looking for now.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-14, 02:38 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 74 Votes on 70 Posts
If it goes from ready to not ready when you move the magnet away, it sounds like you have the enrolled the transmitter.

What zone type did you set it for?
Did you turn the chime function back on when you exited programming?

Old 10-29-14, 07:15 PM
T
I deleted one of my existing zones, accidently, but with that re-programmed a door sensor that I've had, went through programming as expected. b 01, c 10, d 3, e2, 1A enter 1, enter sensor serial number, enter announcement. turn on chime and the door chimes, announces the programmed words.

The new sensor when I try to program. b 01, c 10, d 2, e 2, 1A enter 1, enter serial number, the alarm sounds a long beep.

Thanks for your help.

Old 10-30-14, 02:35 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
"d 2" is an invalid entry. Your choices are 3 (supervised RF), 4 (Unsupervised RF) or 5 (Button type).

http://www.alarmhow.net/manuals/Adem...am%20Guide.pdf

Old 10-30-14, 04:28 PM
T
yeah, typo, I entered it the same as the one that did not have a problem. Only difference I know of is the zone number, descriptor and the sensor.

Old 10-31-14, 02:38 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
With that, assuming that you are not trying to enroll into a slot that already has a device enrolled; the only thing remaining is a bad transmitter.

Old 11-01-14, 05:50 AM
T
Thanks. How common is it to get a bad sensor? This one was ordered from Amazon.

I can enter in a serial number that doesn't exist, but when I enter the serial number of this specific sensor I get a long beep after the *.

Even if the zone is deleted where I attempted to enter the serial number, the alarm announces "disarmed not ready to arm" whenever this sensor transmits.

Then, I'm not 100% sure this sensor is compatible with my system. But I don't see any other sensors listed for any Lynx systems.

Old 11-01-14, 09:06 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
The beep after trying to enter the serial number either means you are entering the wrong number, or you are trying to enter it into an already used slot.

Are you deleting the _zone_ or are you deleting the _serial number_? You have to delete the serial number to open a zone for a new transmitter.

It's a standard transmitter. Honeywell/Ademco hasn't changed the design in over a decade.

I have the feeling that you are missing or skipping a step, but without seeing what you are doing, it's hard to tell. Otherwise, we fall back to bad device.

Old 11-01-14, 10:37 AM
T
So, I finally got it. I guess when you delete a zone, the serial number or remove a serial number, the serial number moves to the next zone. When I started I tried to use zone 8, didn't get the results I expected so I deleted that zone and did some more research. Well I guess that moved it to zone 26. Just now I found the serial number in zone 26, deleted it, still didn't enroll. I checked zone 27, there is the serial number again. Chased it all the way to 33, no more zones left to move to - I guess. Finally I was able to enter the serial number for zone 7, all is good.

So, now I have another thread with this question... what is a good base to upgrade to? I'm not looking for monitoring but I would like something that is wifi/network enabled, send email notifications.

Thanks for your help, don't think I would have tracked this down without it.

Old 11-01-14, 03:14 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
If you are going to do a real upgrade, go to a Vista 20p with a wireless module or RF model keypad, and an envisalink module. That will get most of the features you are after.