Ademco 6270 keypad problem

Old 11-06-14, 03:17 AM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ademco 6270 keypad problem

Greetings from down under!

Last night our 6270 keypad started beeping every 20 minutes. It showed a fault in zone 6 (no idea where zone 6 is!). So far I have tried:
  • bypassing zone 6 (but this didn't stop the beeping)
  • disconnecting the AC power supply (which set off another beeping)
  • disconnecting what looked liked a telephone line entering the AC power supply

The last one seems to worked but (hopefully) is only a temporary solution. Any ideas about what I should try next?

I should add that we bought the house 6 years ago with the alarm installed by the previous owners. Other than getting the user manual and 4 digit pin I have nothing to go on. I discovered (at 3a.m.) that I don't have a "master pin".

Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-14, 06:33 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 46 Votes on 45 Posts
There is insufficient information to give you a useful answer...

That said: First we need to know what alarm model your keypad is controlling (90% likely it's a vista 15p or 20p).

Is this the only keypad on the system?

It sounds like all you did was kill the power connection the _keypad_. Find the metal enclosure with the main control board and battery. The label on the inside of the door should provide the system model. There is a chance that the installer left a zone list (I can't believe they failed to program the zone descriptors, which is the point of the alphanumeric keypad like the one you have).

Old 11-07-14, 03:59 PM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks - I know the metal box to which you refer. It's locked and there is no key, but that is a minor issue. I'll somehow get inside it and see what I can find. Might take a couple of days ....