ADT Safewatch Pro 3000EN / Vista 20p Keypad LCD Screen Always On

Old 11-11-14, 04:31 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
ADT Safewatch Pro 3000EN / Vista 20p Keypad LCD Screen Always On

Four years ago, we moved into a home that has the ADT Safewatch Pro 3000EN system (Vista 20p control board). The system is roughly 9 years old. One of the keypads (in the bedroom) has always had its LCD screen permanently lit (along with its buttons, of course). It's so bright that we've always had the screen covered. The other keypads' screens only light up when the keypad buttons are pressed, and then go out after a few seconds (buttons are always lit, of course).

Is my bedroom LCD screen defective in some way, or is the screen backlight (not the buttons necessarily) programmable in some way? As far as I can tell, the bedroom keypad has always functioned normally otherwise.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-14, 02:40 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 45 Votes on 44 Posts
On a 20p there's no configuration setting for keypad backlighting. Is this keypad a different model than the others?

Old 11-12-14, 04:58 AM
R
Thanks for the response, Ron. All keypads are identical, as far as I can tell. They are not 'alpha'; 'fixed word' is what I believe the jargon is.

If it's a defective pad, those LEDs sure do have longevity, as this pad's screen has been constantly lit for many years! Not to mention, it's probably drawing more power than it should be.

Old 11-12-14, 08:13 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
The drop to standby feature is hardwired into the keypads. There's no function to turn it on/off, so the feature may not work on that particular keypad.

What you can do is swap that keypad with one of the others (power down the system, if you do so), where the backlight won't be disturbing.

Old 11-12-14, 09:54 AM
R
Good idea. I may tackle that soon.

So, I should pull out the wall power adapter, then unplug one of the battery's leads, right?

I imagine that swapping two pads isn't going to cause any software/hardware or programming issues? The main board won't even 'realize' that two pads have been swapped, right?

How many wires does each pad connect to? Two? Should I use a screwdriver to pop the pads off the wall? I think I remember seeing slots at the bottom...

Old 11-12-14, 03:26 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
It's 4 wires, and the system doesn't care where the keypads reside, physically, on the wiring. It should be a straight color for color swap, unless they used two different batches of 4 conductor wire to run the keypad wires.

Take a photo before you disconnect.

Old 11-13-14, 05:04 AM
R
Okay, thanks for your help!