Programming PC 1832

Old 11-16-14, 04:51 PM
O
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Programming PC 1832

Hi

I've recently moved into a new place with a pre-existing PC1832 system. They didn't leave the mastercode but the doors and windows would still chime when they were open. The other day I tried re-setting the entire system so that we can put in our own mastercode.

The problem is that now the front door (zone 1) and rear door (zone 2) now appear as though they are open. Looking at the wiring of the system, I saw that nothing was wired into zone 1 or zone 2. The front door and back door magnets are both wired directly into the keypads nearby.

I figure that I somehow need to program the keypads to register these hardwired zones but I am uncertain how to do that. The installation manual was helpful except for this step.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-14, 07:27 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 103 Votes on 95 Posts
Since you did the system default; you need to reprogram _all_ of the zone configuration settings, including assigning the two zones that were assigned to the keypad inputs. First, you need to determine which keypad is assigned to which keypad slot.

If you have the installer manual: http://www.gargoylesecurity.com/Down...STALLATION.pdf
Keypad zone assignment is done in programing location 020.

Old 11-16-14, 11:05 PM
O
I found some additional instructions matching what you've explained about the keypad programing process (http://protect.partnerproducts.com/a...32_rev_005.pdf)

But when assigning a keypad to a slot it says the first digit before the slot# can be either 0 for a global operation or 1 for a partition, which one do I use?

Also if I make the front keypad partition #1 slot #1, can the backdoor keypad be on partition#1 as well? i.e. Partition #1, slot#8.

Thanks for your help I should be able to solve it after this.

Old 11-17-14, 03:42 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 103 Votes on 95 Posts
Use partition 1. Global doesn't mean what you might think it means...All keypads should be on the same partition.

Old 11-17-14, 11:02 AM
O
Thanks a lot MrRonFL, I managed to get everything working!