SafeWatch Pro 3000 - Need to setup second door with entry/exit delay

Old 11-19-14, 08:37 AM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Smile SafeWatch Pro 3000 - Need to setup second door with entry/exit delay

I'm trying to figure out how to setup a second door at our house with an entry and exit delay because we're not able to use the door that's currently setup with a delay. It's been fine because we can arm the house and disarm the house with our phone, but we're going out of town tomorrow and the house sitter will need to be able to use the keypad to arm and disarm the alarm.

I'm not an alarm system expert, so if anyone could share some thorough information about how to set this up, that would be great. I called ADT already, and they said I would need a technician to come out, but I need it setup today and of course they can't do same day appointments.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Old 11-19-14, 10:25 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 116 Votes on 107 Posts
Hardwired or Wireless?
If hardwired, are all openings wired homerun back to the alarm control motherboard?

Basically, if it's hardwired, and homerun wired; then this can be as simple as moving a single pair of wires from one zone to another zone.

If it's wireless, it may be easier to simply move the door contact transmitter that is currently a delay to the door you want to use.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: