HELP! Permanent Zone Bypassing using Bypass Groups DSC PC1555RKZ Keypad

Old 11-29-14, 10:57 AM
Q
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
HELP! Permanent Zone Bypassing using Bypass Groups DSC PC1555RKZ Keypad

Like most, very frustrated with this alarm and keypad. It always beeps at 3 am ...

The PC board in the can says 1555MX-50/300 UA000 Rev. 05

I would appreciate some help with how to bypass zones 2, 4 and 5 using Bypass Groups as described on page 12 of the install manual (PC1555 CP-01).

I have to use bypass groups as the default installer code does not work and I do not want to reset to defaults and reprogram everything.

Per the install manual -

Bypass Groups: Users can program a group of zones to be bypassed (bypass group). To program a bypass group, in the[*][1] menu, select the zones to be bypassed. Press [95] to save the group. To recall the group, press[*][1] followed by [91]. If the Code Required for Bypass option is enabled, the Master code or Supervisor codes must be used to access this feature.

I am able to bypass these 3 zones one by one all at the same time without using any code. However, if I press:

*1 02 04 05 95

It just does a long beep at me followed by a sarcastic laugh . I think the saving piece is not working correctly as the ready light is green and I am able to arm the alarm...

Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 11-29-14, 11:10 AM
J
Try *1 02 04 05.
Then press # and arm normally and see if it works.

I am not positive but I think what you are ready is to allow those to be bypassed (programming option) and not the user function

Old 11-29-14, 02:59 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 241 Votes on 220 Posts
Also, the group bypass function has to be turned on in the system programming (it's not a default); so that may also be your problem.

Old 12-07-14, 07:47 AM
Q
Thanks for the replies,

I can bypass via the normal method of *1 02 04 05 code, but I want to have less button pushes and use the bypass zones feature. I really want the darn installer code so I can disable those zones

I will read the manual again to see how to turn it on since it is off by default. I must have missed that the first time.

Hey MrRonFL, I assume you are from Florida. Me too. I was born in St. Pete. Anyway went to grad school at FSU, so go Noles!

Old 12-07-14, 08:17 AM
J
If these are hardwired, you could just install a resistor across the zone terminals in the panel.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: