Need help replacing a 5820L wireless sensor on a 6160RF key pad ...

Old 11-30-14, 05:51 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Need help replacing a 5820L wireless sensor on a 6160RF key pad ...

I currently have a Vista 20p with 6160RF key pads and wireless 5820L contacts on my windows. One contact seems to be faulty as it keeps requiring me to change my battery every couple of weeks, while my others don't have that problem. I bought a new 5820L and simply wanted to replace it. I followed the steps to register the contact, but when I open the window, the panel doesn't seem to register it as open and I can still arm my house.

Below are the exact steps I followed, and maybe you can help point out where I might have gone wrong.

Entered in 4112800
Pressed *
Entered 38* (as this was the zone that needed replacing)
I saw the summary screen and then pressed *
ensured the zone type was 03 for perimeter and pressed *
ensured RF transittor and pressed 3*
I then saw the serial number of the existing wireless sensor
Pressed 0 for the loop (previously showing 1) and this wiped out the current serial number
I then tripped the new sensor and it automatically pre-populated the serial and loop (although I noticed the loop now was 4 when it was 1 on the previous sensor)
I then kept pressing * until showing the next sensor 39
pressed 00 to quit
pressed *99 to exit.

Please help, I have spent hours on this and cant find my mistake!

Thanks in advance

Allan

Old 11-30-14, 06:05 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If you go thru the programming and get to serial number / loop number and press #, you can change the serial number or verify that it is correct. And press * to then change the loop number. I think this may be loop 2 but check the last page of the manual it should show loop numbers for each device type. Then be sure to * thru to the next zone number to save your entries and then 00, *99 to exit

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: