PC1864 - copy programming

Old 12-01-14, 03:36 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
PC1864 - copy programming

I have a PC1864 and have the installer code. I want to replace with new upgraded, next version which is required for module, board and copy existing wiring exactly (same zones / delays) however, would like to write down existing coding so I can duplicate as well. I tried to go into
*8,XXXX, 001 to copy that sequence of programming, but it didn't appear to display the entire sequence.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-14, 07:17 AM
J
001 is only the zone types, each 2 digit number represents a zone from 1 - 16. 002 is the next set of 16. But this is not nearly the entire programming. How many zones do you have?

Depending on what you are needing it to do, you can find a quick programming guide to swap your board. Total programming of necessary fields only takes 3 - 5 minutes depending on how many zone labels you have.

Old 12-01-14, 01:56 PM
D
14 zones. How can I quickly reprogram a new board. I just want the same settings.

Old 12-01-14, 02:10 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 89 Votes on 83 Posts
Installer manual: http://www.gargoylesecurity.com/Down...STALLATION.pdf

Use the installer worksheets to copy down your existing settings. In a typical residential install; the vast bulk of the settings don't get changed from the factory default.

Read the section on how to program (especially section 3.3.4) to see how to view the existing programming.

Are you _sure_ you need an upgrade control for the module you want to use? The 1864 is fairly top of the line, for DSC.

Short of using the download software (which is notoriously finicky to get working), there's really no shortcut for this.