DSC PK 5100 temperature sensors

Old 12-04-14, 05:36 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
DSC PK 5100 temperature sensors

Although it is not intuitive, I understand that you need an external temperature sensor to display temperature on keypad. In programming there is an option to display locat temp that didn't seem to work.

However I think that each keypad has a low temp sensor built in that sends an alarm if below 6 I believe. My question is, if you have two 5100's, does each automatically monitor low temp in same zone? I presume most people just program these to send alarm to monitoring without any other action?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-14, 06:35 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 89 Votes on 83 Posts
I think that the low temp is displayed/sounded at the keypad, itself and may active activate the dialer as a system trouble. Not sure; never needed to use the feature.

Old 12-07-14, 04:01 PM
D
PK5100 has ability to display external temperature on display, but requires an external temperature sensor. However, I have been unable to find such a device...

Old 12-07-14, 05:31 PM
J
Do you have a pc5100 board or do you mean a pk5500 keypad?

Old 12-10-14, 11:23 AM
D
pk5500. It has ability, but extremely difficult to find out what device allows this to occur. I found a DSC outoddor siren that captures outdoor temp and feeds it to a newer keypad, but no mention of what feeds the PK5500 external display.

Old 12-10-14, 05:19 PM
J
You can display the temperature at the keypad in programming but not sure about outside temp.

For keypad temp display, enter programming and enter lcd programming, section 076 turn on 5.
*8 code * 076 5 ##

For the external (in theory as I am not sure) you would use the p/z terminal as a zone input type 33 and hardwired temp sensor probe? device.
This panel can do a million different things it seems but figuring out how is the fun part

Old 12-14-14, 07:30 AM
D
The *8 code * 076 5 ##, does not display inside temperature on my PK5500. although it should as the toggle position #5 indicates, LOCAL DISPLAY OF TEMPERATURE ON..

Is there a way to see which PK5500 keypad (we have three of them) is being used for LOW TEMPERATURE WARNING, currently assigned to zone X. We had a false alarm on that zone, and I was confused as to how to tell which PK5500 is being used to assign to that particular zone.....

Old 12-14-14, 08:03 AM
J
Whichever keypad you used to make that entry will be the only one with it enabled. The lcd options are unique to each keypad unlike the standard system programming.

I honestly don't know much about the temperature display or how to use it other than what I had read and replied. It is not something I have ever tried to use but it is interesting