New wireless partition to PC1864

Old 12-06-14, 12:49 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
New wireless partition to PC1864

I would like to secure a wine cellar that was not wired initially. It has a steel exterior door with no other exit. I was thinking of making it a separate partition with wireless keypad outside, sensor on door, and temperature sensor inside. I'd like it to alarm but not notify police through monitoring.
I have a wireless module keypad RFM5501 with a PC1864 - no wireless expansion module at panel. Could I run the wine cellar wireless off keypad or what do you suggest. I don't want to run wires. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-14, 02:00 PM
J
You can connect a wireless receiver and wireless contact to that door. And you can use a wireless keypad with your system but you have to use a module and I forget the part number off hand. Also the wireless keypad can only be used on partition 1. So you would need to make your regular home alarm all on partition 2 and the wine cellar to be partition 1 if that makes sense. Then you can just make the door non reporting but local alarm.

Old 12-06-14, 02:59 PM
J
TR5164-433 transceiver can be used to connect wireless keypads WT5500. But the wireless keypad has to be on partition 1 from my understanding and your hardwired keypad can be assigned to partition 2. WS4945 is the wireless contact.

May take a bit of reading the manual but you could do it.
Instead of making 2 partitions, you could just make that door non reporting and keep everything on partition 1.

Old 12-07-14, 03:48 AM
D
Can I use a WS4945 with existing RFK5501 keypad. I'm thinking that instead of a wireless keypad outside wine cellar requiring a new wireless module, using a wired keypad somewhere close to panel, but controlling this single partition using eyes-on iPhone/IPad module outside wine cellar.

Old 12-07-14, 08:24 AM
J
Yes you can use the wireless contact with your rfk keypad.

See Section 804 for wireless enrollment.
Assign a zone type in section 001, or 002 depending on which zone.
And lastly, don't forget to set the attribute to wireless. Section 101 for zone 1, 115 for zone 15, ect. Turn on option 8 for wireless.

Old 12-07-14, 01:41 PM
D
How do you make a zone non reporting, ie local alarm only...

I plan to install the wireless door contact in wine celler and set that up as partition 2. Typical disarm would be using eyez-on iphone module, but can also use any keypad and switch to partition 2...

Is there a way to set up a different local alarm for partition 2 only, ie instead of sounding the main very loud perimeter alarm, I could just have a local, non reporting, siren nearby when that door is breached...

Old 12-08-14, 06:21 AM
J
Sorry it took a little bit to read for your answer...

If you want a non-reporting zone, you can set the report code for that zone to 00. This is section 320-323. This doesn't change the sound output for the siren, just if it calls an alarm to the monitoring station from my best understanding.

To set the partition, see section 201 and following chart on page 39 (assuming we have the same manual). Say you set zone 27 for your door, go to section 213 and turn on 3 for that zone to be on partition 2. Also turn off 3 in section 205 to remove from partition 1.

You can use the PGM output as a zone follower and assign your zone number to this but I am still reading how exactly to select which zone you want. It is section 501... and PGM set to 29 or 35-41 in section 009. If you can figure that out, then you can use the PGM output to trigger a separate siren but it would probably have to be wired to the location you want. Also you would change the attribute of the zone for the door contact to be silent (option 1 off).

If may be easier to set up a very simple system or device independent from your alarm system to accomplish what you want to do. But a lot of programming options with this panel. You may even be able to use a wireless siren with the TR5164 transceiver I previously mentioned. Not sure that you can set that for a PGM tho.... Just random thought