Trick to removing board fron metal panel

Old 12-06-14, 07:44 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Trick to removing board fron metal panel

I am going to switch out a DSC PC1864 that is attached to the metal panel by those plastic push pins. What is the proper easy way to remove the board from those pins. It sea quite stuck on them.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-14, 08:04 PM
J
First question is why do you want to remove it? Just curious after all the things you have done thus far...

Anyhow, there are probably 4 plastic mounting clips that hold the board in place. If you are careful, you can find the small tab like side and use a small flat blade screw driver to depress it and pull the board off. They are sort of like a fish hook, goes in easy, hard to pull out. But if you are careful, you can press them out.

Old 12-06-14, 08:16 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,042 Votes on 966 Posts
Some of those pins can be squeezed with needle nose pliers to release them. With others you need to pull the board out equally on both sides of the pin. I have a plastic tool, like a fork, that I use to pull the board on both sides of the pin.

Old 12-07-14, 03:44 AM
D
I have a PC1864 V4.5. The new wireless modules and keypads require higher version of the 1864. Believe me I am not keen on this. I just hooked up the eyez-on module which is fantastic.

Old 12-07-14, 08:45 AM
J
The newest version is only 4.6. I would think you could do most everything you need with what you have. Not sure which module you are wanting to add but I suppose you have researched it already...