Program zone for night stay on 6150 keypad

Old 12-08-14, 03:46 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Program zone for night stay on 6150 keypad

I have a First Alert FA168CPS CP with a Honeywell 6150 keypad. Using the forum FAQ's I was able to obtain the installer code to enter programming mode. However, being a fixed text keypad the actual programming is very difficult.

Can anyone tell me the sequence of keystrokes to set zone 03 as a day/night zone type (type 05). Since this is a fixed text keypad I assume these will have to be entered blind.

I've tried several things and all I get is a frozen keypad each time which requires a power off reboot.

Zone 3 is one of my motion detectors. I want it inactive when in night-stay mode.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-14, 05:42 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 89 Votes on 83 Posts
This is essentially a Vista 20p
http://site.aesecurity.com/Manuals/v...mmingguide.pdf

Is this zone already programmed as a normal interior follower? If so, you don't change the zone type, it will bypass in stay mode. That trouble by day/alarm by night zone type may not be what you actually want...

Old 12-09-14, 05:20 PM
B
MrRonFL,

Thanks for the info. It is a normal interior follower and it does bypass in stay mode. However stay mode also bypasses the other motion detectors. What I want is to be able to use Away mode, have the perimeter detectors and other motion detectors active, and this one bypassed. This one covers my kitchen and breakfast area. It's where the cat lives when I'm not home. He keeps setting it off. I've tried adjusting the sensitivity and detection height, but he's a jumper and sets it off anyway. I figured by putting it in a night zone I could key the night code when I leave and that would do the trick. Is there a better way?

Also I found a used 6160 Alphanumeric keypad. I'm going to install it to make programming easier.

Old 12-09-14, 06:52 PM
J
There is a way to program certain zones for night stay but easiest solution in my opinion would be to bypass this zone before arming when you leave.

Enter code + 6 + (2 digit zone number) to bypass
Then arm in Away