How to control relays with the keypad's function keys?

Old 12-08-14, 07:29 PM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How to control relays with the keypad's function keys?

Hi,

I am new to this forum and to Vista 20P (my system) programming. Just succeeded in making my key fob control the relays in the 4204 module, but failed miserably in making the function keys do the same. The Set Up guide is confusing and it seems to be missing information (Most likely it is me who is missing it, still I was looking all over this guide...)

The *80 menu wants the zone type to be set to 66.
The *57 menu wants the key function to be defined as 07.

This looks like all function keys will end up programmed the same way.
Likewise all output functions will substantially look the same.

Naturally, the keys did not do a thing for me.

What am I missing?

Thank you all.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-14, 08:01 PM
J
Assuming you went thru the correct steps in field 57 and 80, did you go thru field *79 and set address 12 for your 4204 module and select the output action?

Old 12-08-14, 09:47 PM
J
Here is another thought, you may need to set zone types as 00 and disable zones 95, 96, or 99 depending on which function key you want to use for your relay in field *56.

I will try to map the programming using function key D and relay 1 on the 4204:

*57 [D] * 1* 07 * 0
*79 01 * 1* 12* 1* 00
*80 01 * 2* 66* * (output action 2 ?) * 01 * * 00
*99 to exit programming

Old 12-09-14, 04:56 PM
L
jdh79,

Thanks for responding. I did *79, my key fob works well switching relays...
The other code is just how I have it, but something is missing: the line *57 [D] * 1* 07 * 0 would be the same for the func. keys A, B and C. There must be something more to it.

In fact, the code works but the press on any of the A, B, C, D buttons flips all relays at the same time (Action: Change State). I wish to have each key to flip its own relay.

Last edited by Lectron; 12-09-14 at 05:16 PM.
Old 12-09-14, 08:37 PM
J
Only thing I can think would be in *79 each output number would correspond to a different relay number so you have to program 4 different ones. (I assume would be same for key fob but never tried)

Maybe in *80 you should try to set "activated by" zone number for the A B and C keys. I have read *57 fifty times and can't figure out how the system differentiates the function buttons if they are all 07. So program keys A B C function as 00 instead and only D as 07. ??? Please let me know if it works. Be a lesson for us both.

Old 12-10-14, 05:43 PM
L
What you are proposing makes sense: define these 3 keys as 00 and in *80 make 3 output functions "activated by zone #" and set these zone numbers to 95, 99, 96. But I have decided to keep all keys to do the same: turn all 4 relays OFF, this is what I really need here (The fob turns them on/off, the function keys just a back-up). I am too tired of figuring things out and I will take a break on experimenting. Thank you for thinking about this. Do you know if Honeywell is there to answer questions such as this?

Old 12-10-14, 06:52 PM
J
Honeywell does have a support number, but good luck if you are not a dealer or distributor to get any kind of technical support. Its on the back of the manual I believe.

Well... I didn't see it on the booklet but the number I have is: 800 645-7492

It is not easy to find online but that looks to be correct here as well Contact Us - Honeywell Intrusion and Communications

Good luck!!

Old 12-13-14, 06:04 PM
L
Thank you, jdh79, for your good advice. I am taking a time off from Vista 20P.

All the best.