ADT Battery & installer code

Old 12-11-14, 10:26 AM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
ADT Battery & installer code

We are in FL ; someone is checking our house and reports our ADT Alarm is beeping and now shows BAT (has shown FC for communications since we quit monitoring) I assume this is the main battery and needs replacement. We have a Safewatch Pro 3000 system. I sthere a general battery I can buy when I drive up to fix it? There are no battery stores near where we live.

Also I read on Forum how to get rid of dialer # to get rid of FC code but I do not have the installer code. Is there a general one or am I out of luck?

Thanks for help

System was put in around 2008

Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-14, 02:03 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 89 Votes on 83 Posts
It's a modified Vista 20p: For the battery, any 12V 5 or 7 Ah battery will work. These are the same batteries used in things like deer feeders, emergency lights and battery backup units.

Retrieving Installer code
Nearly all Ademco family (this includes First Alert, Security Link, and several ADT models) panels can retrieve the Installer code by disconnecting the battery, then the AC power. Wait a minute, then reconnect power in the opposite order. Within 50 seconds, on any keypad press * + # at the same time. Unless the system has had an installer lockout feature activated, the panel should go into program mode. The details by system will vary, but the programming section number that shows on the display will be the location for the installer code (on _most_ panels this will be 20). Key in # and the location number, and the panel will read back the installer code one digit at a time. Exit program mode using *99.
- See more at: http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el....AYr0Nrrx.dpuf