Programming question for DSC 1500 alarm system

Old 12-18-14, 10:56 AM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Programming question for DSC 1500 alarm system

In the house I just moved into, I had to go through the jumper procedure to restore the system to the default settings so I could recover the master and installer codes. In doing so, my keypads no longer chime when a door opens, the only feature I want to keep with the system (which is currently not monitored).

I have the programming manual, and it seems the problem would be that the door zones are not set to be chimmed. But, the manual does not contain a programmable code to do that.

The code[*]6[Master Code] 6 acts like it turns the chime on and off, but it does not solve my problem. (The master code does work). It must be something in the programming end (and the installer code works as well).

Anyone know how to solve this problem, i.e., how to turn the chiming back on on the keypads when a door is opened (2 of my zones)?

Last edited by wizardchef; 12-18-14 at 10:58 AM. Reason: typo correction
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-14, 01:25 PM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
SOLVED! The zones must be set up using the installer programming code. To set up the zone definitions, programming section 11, Zone Definitions, must be programmed. The first digit of section 11 is the zone response, whether the zone will cause a silent alarm or an audible alarm and whether the zone response will be fast or slow. I chose 2 for this (fast and audible). The second digit has to do with exit delay, so I chose 0 which was the standard delay loop (which I would not use since I will never arm the system). So, to do the programming, on the keypad input:[*][8]XXXX1120. XXXX is the installer programming code (1500 is the default), 11 is choosing section 11, and 20 are the two digits setting the zone response and loop delay. That fixed it! Now I have chiming (beeping) when a door opens!