6150rf with vista 20se locking down phone line

Old 12-26-14, 07:37 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
6150rf with vista 20se locking down phone line

Put the 6150rf on today replacing the 6128rf. Seemed to go swimmingly, but after awhile (10-20 minutes) I get a sustained chime. Any button will clear it. No error on the keypad. When it does this it locks down the land line. Restarting system - same behavior. Removing keypad - same behavior. Leaving system unplugged - no issue. Unplugging phone line from alarm - no issue. I've tried as many one off scenarios as I can think of. Now, full disclosure, I did try to pair a key transmitter with the alarm so, my guess is that's what's got everything messed up. Any thoughts on where to look, and why it's not throwing an alarm?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-14, 05:21 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 89 Votes on 83 Posts
What address did you set the replacement keypad to? For a Vista 20se, it should have been 31 (non addressed mode).

Are your other wireless devices working correctly?

It almost sounds like you are tripping a tamper switch or zone. The line seizure means it's trying to dial out a report.

Old 12-27-14, 06:50 AM
T
I didn't assign the new keypad an address. Guess I thought that the 6150 was a direct replacement for the 6128 and wouldn't need addressed.

The other wireless key fobs are working just fine.

Old 12-27-14, 08:32 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 89 Votes on 83 Posts
Normally, the default address out of the box is the 31 address, but sometimes they do get changed during QC testing. Never hurts to check.

It's really hard, with the description provided, to figure out if you missed a step, added a step, or simply bought a bad keypad. If you can recall as much of the step by step keystrokes you tried to use for programming the new keypad and fob, we might be able to help you out.

Old 12-27-14, 10:21 PM
T
Was the system working fine prior to the keypad change?

Does reinstalling the 6128 clear the problem?

Phone number still programmed? If you remove phone line, it goes to call and sees no phone line you should get an FC, no?

You said, Removing keypad - same behavior. Is there more than 1 keypad? What parts do you have on system?

Old 12-28-14, 07:01 PM
T
Was the system working fine prior to the keypad change? - Yes

Does reinstalling the 6128 clear the problem? - No

Phone number still programmed? If you remove phone line, it goes to call and sees no phone line you should get an FC, no? - Correct, with line removed, I get FC on the keypad

You said, Removing keypad - same behavior. Is there more than 1 keypad? What parts do you have on system? Meaning, no keypad will still result in a no dial-tone land line. Only one keypad is installed

I've got the vendor coming out tomorrow. I'll post back on how I've got this messed up. Maybe someone else can learn from my mistake(s).

Old 12-28-14, 07:46 PM
T
The only thing I can think of that would engage the dialer and not give you an error message [though it does show a fault] is a silent alarm but, that would not explain the beeping and clearing [of the beeping] on a single keystroke.

However, if the fob is programmed as supervised and it is not within range…

edit: good luck -- hopefully your tech is experienced with that panel.

Last edited by tpring; 12-28-14 at 08:01 PM.