Finding and/or resetting master code for ADT Safewatch Pro 3000

Old 01-03-15, 07:53 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Finding and/or resetting master code for ADT Safewatch Pro 3000

I have lived in my home for about 4-years or so now, and the home came equipped with an alarm system which we have never activated. The touchpad says it is an ADT Safewatch Pro 3000.

Up until recently, when doors opened the system chirps and that's about all that happens. However, recently the system has started to randomly go off with a constant beeping -- usually at 3:00 in the morning when we are fast asleep! I can turn off the beeping by just hitting the off button on the control pad, but I would like to understand why this is happening and fix the problem.

Over the years the system will periodically pop-up a new "CHECK XX FRONT DOOR" or similar message, which I've just attributed to low batteries in the sensors. As best I can tell, all of the sensors attached to the unit now have a "CHECK XX" message on the touchpad. In addition, just recently there is a new message which reads "LOW SYSTEM BAT". I have replaced all of the sensor batteries; however, the alarm messages still appear.

I do not know the master code, and have tried some of the basic codes like 1234, 9999, 1111, etc. with no luck. I have contacted ADT; however, they will not send anyone over to help reset the code without signing up for a 3-yr monitoring program at a ridiculous monthly rate which I am not willing to pay.

I've read a few forum threads and the FAQ and I thought I might be onto something about how to reset the system so I killed the power to the whole house which didn't turn off the touchpad. There is no battery in the touchpad, nor can I find any type of control panel in the house with a battery. I found some type of annunciator located inside an HVAC return duct very near to the touchpad; however, both the annunciator and the touchpad seem to be wired directly into my breaker box.

What am I missing with the wiring and components? How can I reset the master code so that I can start using the system and clearing some of these alarms?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-15, 08:10 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 88 Votes on 83 Posts
A "Safewatch 3000" is a Vista 20p that ADT paid Honeywell to put their logo on, and make some minor program modifications:
Installer manual: http://www.statcommunications.com/do...%20Rev%20A.pdf
Programming form: http://site.aesecurity.com/Manuals/v...mmingguide.pdf

Retrieving Installer code
Nearly all Ademco family (this includes First Alert, Security Link, and several ADT models) panels can retrieve the Installer code by disconnecting the battery, then the AC power. Wait a minute, then reconnect power in the opposite order. Within 50 seconds, on any keypad press * + # at the same time. Unless the system has had an installer lockout feature activated, the panel should go into program mode. The details by system will vary, but the programming section number that shows on the display will be the location for the installer code (on _most_ panels this will be 20). Key in # and the location number, and the panel will read back the installer code one digit at a time. Exit program mode using *99.
- See more at: http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el....yIhfIwZH.dpuf

Your main system battery is located in a beige or grey metal box about 16" square. In many homes it's going to be in the master suite closet, or an electrical or utility room. That's also where the main system board is. The keypads are just an interface.

Old 01-03-15, 08:55 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
OK, so I took up the search again for a 16" square box. The installer went out of his/her way to hide this box, but I found it! It was located in the basement in a hidden wall opening above the toilet in the bathroom -- made to look like a plumbing wall covering, so I never opened it as I've always assumed this must be a plumbing opening.

I followed your directions above and this revealed the mystery installer code, so I think I'm in business now!!! Thanks for your help!

Old 01-03-15, 10:08 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 88 Votes on 83 Posts
It wouldn't surprise me if the system can was installed in an originally unfinished basement, and the bathroom got built over the location. Glad you found it. That was an unusual location.