ADT Safewatch Pro 3000EN Motion Sensor Troubleshooting

Old 01-04-15, 09:55 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
ADT Safewatch Pro 3000EN Motion Sensor Troubleshooting

Thanks to MrRonFL I was able to determine the installer code and get my security system working locally. I've since replaced all batteries and run a system test. Everything responds as expected except for one motion sensor in the front door foyer. There is a motion sensor just like it downstairs that responds when you walk nearby; however, this one in the foyer doesn't do anything. It is a wired sensor with battery backup, and before I replaced the batteries I had a "CHECK 15 FRONT MOTION" alarm which has since gone away so I know the motion sensor is connected and I'm assuming it is enabled.

What can I try next to determine if the sensor is faulty or just needs some type of sensitivity adjustment or system configuration?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-15, 01:30 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 92 Votes on 85 Posts
Unless you have a wired expansion board installed in your system; on one of these, zones above zone 9 will be wireless.

If it is, indeed, a wired motion; it is possible that the installer disabled the LED, so that there no visual indication that the motion is reacting, or it could be set as a stay/away zone, and is automatically bypassing on arming (if you don't open and close an entry/exit zone during the exit delay.

If it's wireless; those have a 2-5 minute "lock-out" to keep them from wiping out their battery in high traffic areas.

Old 01-04-15, 02:34 PM
S
So it does look like it is wireless after all. I popped the cover on the sensor and there is a little jumper that I can move over from normal to test mode. When I do this a little LED comes on which I'm assuming is a motion indicator. It does appear to work occasionally with very fast motion within 3-4 inches from the sensor. Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity?

Old 01-04-15, 03:13 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Put it back like it was. Trust me, those motions work just fine when the system is actually armed, and there's no recent motion. It never hurts to put a fresh battery in the unit, though...

Old 01-04-15, 03:26 PM
S
As best I can tell, the only effect the jumper has in moving from "normal" to "test" is whether the LED lights or not. There is another jumper for "Pulse Mode" that can either be set to "off" or "on". Could this jumper effect sensitivity?

Old 01-04-15, 03:46 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
The default setting on the pulse mode, _is_ the most sensitive setting. Pulse count ON lowers the sensitivity for "pet immune" installations.

Old 01-04-15, 04:26 PM
S
It was set in the ON position, so perhaps the previous owners had pets. I changed the jumper to the OFF position for pulse mode and this fixed the problem. Now everything seems to be functioning normally. Thanks for the help.