DSC Alexor [009] I/O Programming

Old 01-25-15, 02:06 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
DSC Alexor [009] I/O Programming

I'm a real beginner and after many searches on the net and lot of failures in my tests, I decided to write to this forum. In case my question has been already addressed somewhere in here, I do apologize and would be grateful if you can redirect me to the topic.

I've received a DSC Alexor for Xmas, a simple model with no GSM capability. Little time has been needed to make the system work as designed. Then I happened to see a video on Youtube about how to use an old cell phone to call out should the house phone network fail.

I managed to setup everything, hardware and programming the panel. My wish is that the cell phones calls me when an alarm occurs. As simple as that! But I regularly failed! I suspect I'm stuck in section [009] I/O Programming . Why? Because when I chose the value 05 System Armed Status for test in the same section, then the old cell phone rings me all right! On the contrary, when I set the value to 01 Burglary and Fire Bell Follower that I think it should be, and trigger an alarm for test, then the cell phone remains mute. I really have no clue on which value I finally have to set!

I here attach 2 images that cover the section 009.

The programming I did:

[009] I/O Programming: 01 00 (Burglary and Fire Bell Follower for I/O 1, Null PGM for I/O 2

[013] First System Options Option [1] OFF: PGM 1 Output Enabled

[501]-[502] Programmable Output Attributes [3] ON: Output activates (switch to Ground) when the event occurs

Should you have any idea on which value I should use of perhaps other parameters I should have implemented but did not, thanks to advise.

Attached Images   
Old 01-25-15, 05:09 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
If you have it hooked up electrically the same way that it worked with the other setting; then every time the siren is sounding, the PGM should be changing states.

Eliminate the variable. Put your meter between Aux power + and the PGM. Normally it should show open. Trip the system into alarm, the PGM should change state and you will see the Aux power voltage. If so, then the issue is with the added on hardware.

Old 01-26-15, 01:12 AM
J
@MrRonFL

Thanks for the quick reply. I need to add that I use a relay with NO (Normally Open) capability that is powered by AUX+ and PGM1. When an event occurs, in my case PGM1 does switch to Ground and the relay receives 12V DC from AUX+ . From an electrical view point I think it is OK for it functions flawlessly when the event was set to 05 System Armed Status (just for test) with [009] I/O Programming: 05 00 settings. During the arming test, it successfully triggered the relay who "pressed" a button on the old cell phone previously set with speeddial function and I did receive the call.

What I struggle on is the event that would trigger the call. I wish it calls me when an intrusion occurs and I don't seem to figure out what value to set for [009] I/O Programming: ?? 00

I have a PDF copy the DSC Alexor Installation guide that is 3 MB size. In case you wish to look at it please use this link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0I...ew?usp=sharing . The section [009] is at page 5-26,

Thanks for your help.

Old 01-26-15, 02:31 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
01 Fire and Burglery output.

Old 01-26-15, 04:05 AM
J
@MrRonFL

EVERYTHING WORKS NOW! I think the first alarm test has been somehow improperly conducted . I just tested again by AWAY arming the system and then open a window. While the sirens were sounding, there was actually 12V DC found between PGM1 and AUX+ and the dear old Nokia cell phone started to call me!

So I confirm the setting [009] 01 00 you've suggested successfully addressed the problem.

Many thanks for your skill and availability to help.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: