Mailbox alarm for Ademco Vista 4140XMP

Old 01-27-15, 10:58 PM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Mailbox alarm for Ademco Vista 4140XMP

I have an Ademco Vista Series 4140XMP with a 4137 console. There is an abandoned underground telephone cable near my mailbox at the street that I would like to use to wire in an alarm that indicates when the mailbox door is opened. The total length of the zone would be approximately 1200 feet.

What I have in mind to do is to mount a N.C. (held open) contact at the mailbox door which would send a signal to the controller when the door is opened. That would give me a 3 beep notification when actuated.

My question is: Can the zone be latched to maintain the signal after the mailbox door is closed? I'm assuming I would be able to enter my user code to reset the loop after returning from the mailbox. The zone would need to be latched whether the security alarm was armed or disarmed.

I just recently came up with this idea, and, with the unreliable wireless alarms on the market, I thought I'd give this a try. Will this work? - Thanks

Old 01-28-15, 01:45 AM
F
Received 36 Votes on 28 Posts
I don't know if that is possible with the alarm system but it is definitely an easy stand-alone project.

Old 01-28-15, 03:33 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 116 Votes on 107 Posts
Hmmm, for one of these, the only zone type you have to use for something like that is zone type 08 - 24 hour auxillary.

Installer manual: http://www.alarmhow.net/manuals/Adem...n%20Manual.pdf

You don't have a lot of choices with this system.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: