Master code for Networx NX-4/8

Old 02-26-15, 07:13 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Master code for Networx NX-4/8

Can anyone help here. I have set off my alarm on my keypad (door opened on box) which I haven't used for a few years. I don't have the user code to clear it. Is there anyway such as entering a master code to stop this? I have had to disconnect from the mains and battery power. The alarm was installed before I moved into the premises. Looks like the installer has gone out of business. I have the user manual which is a Networx NX4/8. Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-15, 03:48 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 30 Votes on 29 Posts
The master code was most likely your forgotten user code. Even if you have the installer code (default is 9713), the installer code can't disarm the system.

The only hardware back door to get into one of these is for someone to use the DL900 software and a NX-588/586 module to connect to the panel and extract the user codes.

Old 02-27-15, 05:20 AM
Thanks for your reply, I searched previous threads on this model and found one you replied to in 2011 which stated:-

NX panels can be a pain if the code is unknown. Try the following:

*8 9713

If the service LED flashes and the 5 function LEDs light steady, you are in luck and the default installer code is still in place.

If so, press:
0#
43#
4**
Then press the exit key twice (and _only_ twice)

This will set the installer code as a master code that you can use to change the master code

If the installer code has been changed, or if the system is armed, the only way to change the code is to use a direct connect module and DL900 software.
I did this and pressed a couple of other keys, not sure exactly what keys, but it seems to have silenced the system and is showing how it was previously. I haven't tried to use the alarm since as it is late and probably better to wait till day time tomorrow. If this has worked does that mean I can currently use the 9713 as the user code for disarming purposes with a view to changing user codes later?

Old 02-27-15, 05:00 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Not...quite.

Those tamper switches on non-North American are generally set up so that you have to enter and exit programming to reset them (dunno why they choose to do it that way...).

If your program map matches the standard, and you did set the installer code to be a master code:

*5 ["master code"]
[new 4 digit master code]
#

If it works, and the new code arms and disarms:

Repeat the:
*8 9713

If the service LED flashes and the 5 function LEDs light steady, you are in luck and the default installer code is still in place.

If so, press:
0#
43#
4**
Then press the exit key twice (and _only_ twice)

While you _can_ continue to use the default installer code; it is commonly known, and having the ability to fix the master code is very useful, because the system _will_ allow you to overwrite it or delete it.

User manual: http://www.securtek.com/products-ser...8%20keypad.pdf

Old 02-28-15, 01:16 AM
Thanks again Ron (assuming that's your name) I'll give this a go and see what happens. If this fails it's not a big issue as I never really use the alarm. It is something I'll have to deal with when or if I choose to move house. It used to be a monitored system used by the previous owner but I had that disconnected due to cost etc. The alarm system Probably needs updated anyway as I've been owner for nearly ten years, imagine the products available now will be far better and more user friendly. Thanks again for your help. :-)

Old 02-28-15, 04:52 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
The NX series systems are actually a pretty standard system, and are still in production, so if you have control of the thing, there's few advantages to swapping it for another (all have their quirks and difficulties....)

Old 07-17-16, 11:11 PM
service flashing

Hi, I have a Networx NX-4/8 which has a service light flashing. On the manual it says this is because the time is wrong. (Ie error 8). I then follow the instructions and set the time and date but service light still flashes and still tells me same error number. Any ideas?

Thanks

Old 07-18-16, 02:26 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Are you using the master code, or the installer code to try to set the time/date?

It needs to be the master code (arm/disarm code).

Old 07-18-16, 05:26 PM
Thanks Ron for such a quick reply. I think I am using the master code - but not 100% sure - how do I tell? Maybe it is just a user code.

Also, correction the service light is not flashing but is just permanently on.

Old 07-18-16, 06:04 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Can you use that code to add/change user codes? If so, it's the master code.

I'm assuming that you have the User manual, at least: https://www.securtek.com/products-se...8%20keypad.pdf

Old 07-18-16, 09:49 PM
Hey mate, thanks a lot, that was very helpful. The manual I had was similar to your one but just didn't have quite the same amount of info. Fixed it now using the Master code. Can I change the Master code? Would seem like a good idea.

Really appreciate you taking the time to help me.

Old 07-19-16, 02:21 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Yup, you can change it. Just use the *5 command steps in the manual, and remember that the master code is user 01.

Old 07-28-16, 05:09 AM
Thanks for this! I had pretty much the same problem. Glad I came across this post! Saves me from the trouble of creating another question.