Vista 15p output trigger question.

Old 09-09-15, 01:48 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Vista 15p output trigger question.

I have been looking at the manuals and can't figure out of their is a way to trigger output 17 from a keypad. I have a phone app that only gives a basic keypad and would like to be able to open my garage from my smart phone. I have a fob for my wife that opens the garage so I know the opener is tired in correctly. Thanks for any and all help!

Old 09-09-15, 03:27 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
They kind of hide it in a single paragraph in the user manual on page 29: http://www.security.honeywell.com/do...a15p_20pUM.pdf

[user code] + #+7 + [2 digit device #]

So for yours, the keystrokes should be [user code] #7 17

Old 09-10-15, 05:09 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
It worked, but...

I want to start by saying thanks for the quick response. I was out of town but tried it as soon as I got home. It did work, however It kept the relay powered up. I looked up how to turn it off. So yes I can command the output on, and then power it off with a second command.

Can I do it another way? I have a zone programmed for the key fob, and a function button as well that will open the garage. Can I use key strokes to trigger the zone? Can I use the keypad to make the function trigger without pushing it? What are macro keys? Can they be used from just a basic keypad?

Again, thanks for all the help. I programmed the Key FOB and some zones myself, but I am by no means an expert.

Old 09-11-15, 02:43 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
For the keyfob and function button, did you use the output programming? If so, you can use the output number that you used to program those with the same keypad command sequence.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: