IP Camera Solution Needed

Old 04-06-15, 08:19 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
IP Camera Solution Needed

I'm living in Japan and looking for an out-of-the-box security solution. What I hope to do is catch the person who is stealing things out of my car (unusual for Japan). I want to set up a small camera inside the car, which is within range of my wifi, powered by the car's USB adapter. Ideally the camera would have decent color resolution, and can detect motion inside the car. When motion is detected it would begin uploading video to the web, creating a video file that I can later review and turn in to the Japanese police. Email alerts would be nice but not necessary. I think I need a good color wireless IP camera with motion sensing activation, optional IR night vision and cloud-based DVR. There are lots of products on the web that have some of these capabilities, but none so far that don't require a professional security company. If anyone knows of a reliable hardware/software solution I would love to hear it.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-15, 09:08 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 684 Votes on 631 Posts
I have had good luck with Foscam wireless cameras. I linked to the US website but they probably have a Japanese site and I assume you could buy them from an electronics store.

As a basic setup the camera would just broadcast to your network. You could port forward to make the camera visible on the Internet. Then there are many cloud based hosting services and computer based softwares if you wish advanced features or wish to store the video.

Old 04-06-15, 04:26 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How are they getting in the car? Isn't it locked? What are they stealing? Something doesn't sound right.