Wireless Universal Transmitter, again

Old 04-30-15, 08:56 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wireless Universal Transmitter, again

I have an older Power Series PC1555MX 50/300 with a RF5501-433 keypad. Everything is working well with wired contacts.

I have the installer code and have no problems programming so far, although it has been a long time since I had to do it. I have never had wireless contacts on this system so far.

Now, I need a couple of wireless contacts. The original wireless contacts are no longer available, as far as I can see.

I obtained a couple of WS4945 door contacts but cannot get the system to recognize them.

Just to sanity check me, I programmed the system like this...

Enter program mode.
Enter section 804
Selected zone 9
Entered the 6 digit ESN. All beeped normally.

Entered section 002
Selected 09 for zone 9
Entered 01 for delayed entry.
All beeped normally.

Entered section 109
Bits 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, and 8 are all on. 5 & 7 is off.
All beeped normally.

No response when the magnet and sensor is separated.
Checked the battery, good. In correctly.
Checked tamper switch, good.
Checked operation using ohm meter and wired contact, good.

Keypad does not seem to recognize the sensor at all.

Programming section 904 never makes a sound or gives any indication that the sensor is there.

So my questions are:
Is this wireless contact compatible with the keyboard?
Do you see anything wrong with my programming?
Have I missed a step?

If incompatible is there a wireless contact available that is?
Do I need to upgrade the keypad?
What new keypad will work with the system?
What keypad/contact combo is recommended?

Thanks for any help.
Mark

Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-15, 09:23 AM
Zone type should be section 001 I think it goes for first 16 zones and not just 8. So you will need to double check the manual but if this is true, arrow thru the first 8 until you get to zone 9. Also, I thought the 1555 would only recognize 900mhz receivers but again, I am not certain on this model but that may be an issue for you with 433mhz.

Hopefully someone else will chime in but I would start with trying to set your zone type again in section 001

Old 04-30-15, 12:01 PM
Did you assign it to the proper partition? 202 to 265 (202 to 209 is partition 1)
202 = zones 1 - 8
203 = zones 9 - 16
204 = zones 10 - 18

etc
etc

Old 04-30-15, 12:25 PM
What Bob said. I overlooked this but basically you are turning this zone on in section 203 turn on 1 for zone 9. Might be the only thing missing...

Old 04-30-15, 12:27 PM
Thanks Bob, yes, after I posted I realized I did not state that I had enabled the zone in function 203.

Bit 1 is the only bit on in each function 202 and 203.

I do see something that I do not understand. In function 002 for Zone definitions I program that as follows:

*8 5555 (beep beep beep beep)
002 (beep beep beep beep)
09 beep with each key press, but numbers start appearing. 1 4 after the 0
01 beep with each key press, but numbers again appear. 1 after the 0
(beep beep beep beep)
#
#

It's like the keypresses are not matching what is being programed.

Any clues there?

Mark

Old 04-30-15, 01:11 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 28 Votes on 27 Posts
On these earlier versions of the Power Series panels, everything is in groups of 8, not 16.

No, you are trying to program the zones incorrectly. Programming zone types is done as follows:

enter programming *8 installer code
002 xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx (xx being the 2 digit zone type for zones 9 thru 16, in order)

In programming location 203 is where you activate zones 9-16. This is the toggle type zone entry, like the zone attributes. So you would turn on option 1 for zone 9; 2 for zone 10; etc.

The numbers you are seeing turn on and off are the data contained in that programming segment. The row of numbers take the place of the LEDs on a LED style keypad for the purpose of viewing the programming. Look in the section of your manual titled "How to Program".

https://support.aartech.ca/index.php...llation-manual

Old 04-30-15, 01:55 PM
Thanks Ron, I have the zone definitions correct now, I believe. It accepted each pair with a beep and the group with a series of beeps.

It still does not recognize the WS4945. When entering the ESN I am again seeing the numbers change like my sequence is not correct. Here is my sequence.

*8 5555 (Beep, beep, beep, beep, beep.)
804 (beep beep beep)
09 The number 2 lights
[enter ESN] the numbers change randomly, as not following a toggle of the key pressed.
#
#

I must be doing that sequence wrong as well.

Mark

Old 04-30-15, 02:32 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Your receiver _should_ be able to accept the transmitter you are trying to use. It is possible that your keypad receiver is too old to take these newer transmitters, but I doubt it.

The "random" numbers you are seeing is the data that you are inputting. It's using the top row of numbers to provide a binary display for the data in each programming segment.

Look in the PC1555mx manual in section 4.5 Viewing Programming.
0 is no numbers displayed
1 is 1
1 is 2
3 is 1 +2,
4 is 3
etc. per the chart in the manual.
Hexadecimal A is 2 + 4 on the display.

Keypad manual: http://www.rtctel.com/images/PDF/sec...ser-Manual.pdf

Old 04-30-15, 02:33 PM
Dummy me, of course...

The ESN looks lie this... 12*345*6
And I was just entering the 6 digits and ignoring the asterisks. You have to enter the asterisks as well. All 8 characters.

All works as it should. Thanks to all.

Mark

Old 04-30-15, 03:00 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Yes, the asterisk is essentially a "shift" key, in that instance.

your ESN is actually 12CDE6

Old 07-09-15, 10:11 AM
Hi, I found this post but it is still a little over my head, so I'm hoping someone can help me out...

I also have an older DSC 1555 powerseries 433 with an LCD keypad.

There is no longer any local repair person for my system. My back door sensor, zone 9, was damaged recently.

Looking in my user manual, I entered * 1 <zone> # and that bypassed the zone. The green and yellow lights are on, the words Open (because of the damaged sensor) and Bypassed are displayed. I don't know if this means I can arm the system and it will work as normal (but bypass zone 9) or not.

I would like to order a replacement sensor--yes, those WS4945 door contacts available online look like the one that was damaged.

But I don't understand if there is wiring to do (I'm not sure why there would be) or if you just pry off the old sensor and put up the new one on the door.

Also, before I ask about programming the new contact, will programming the new one automatically remove the old zone 9 info? Or do I have to remove the current Zone 9 programming before programming a new sensor?

As far as programming a new sensor, I looked in the installers manual. I'm hoping the installer code is 1555, 5555, or 1234. I understand I should enter *8 <Installer code> and then 002, because zone 9 is in section 002. But the rest of the programming, as written--even what you all said in this thread--I do not understand, to be honest.

I've had this house for 10 years (previous owner installed the alarm system), and I like to set the alarm when I'm away. I do it for the noise value, since I'm not hooked up to a monitoring service. I would hate to have to get rid of this system just because I could not figure out how to program a new component. (SimpliSafe is costly, but it sounds easy enough to figure out.)

If anyone can point me to some really remedial instructions on installing/programming a new sensor, I'd be very, very appreciative.

Old 07-09-15, 12:03 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
You have to have programming access so that you can delete the damaged transmitter and replace it with the new one.

Old 07-09-15, 10:44 PM
home_owner 1:

Your first step would be to verify you have a correct installer code. Try entering *8 5555 or other code and you should get a red armed light and a small hand over keypad icon flashing. If you get a long beep and nothing more, you have the wrong code. Without the code, you are basically out of luck without trying to default the entire programming.

If your code works then you are in luck. You can simply program the new device serial number in place of the old one and snap it on the same base even.

Enter *8 installer code, 804 09 (serial number) # #

Everything else you want to keep the same.

I suggest trying to remove the transmitter from the back plate case and replace it securely and test it a few times before relacing. May have just become ajar. Also check magnet is still present on side aligned when door is closed