PC1616 with PK5501 Cannot enter any programming section

Old 05-24-15, 08:51 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
PC1616 with PK5501 Cannot enter any programming section

Hello!

I have a PC1616 with a PK5501 locked out by the previous monitoring company.
I have the installer code and want to change it and remove the trouble 3 & 4.

When I try to enter any programming section, I get a long beep and nothing else happen.
What I do:
1) enter *8[installer code]
2) Now the keypad icon is flashing and the armed light is ON. (should be ok per the manual)
3) enter 006 (or any other section I tried) - long beep from the keypad and return to state 2)

Could they have blocked keypad advanced programming? any idea how I can fix this so I can continue my home automation project?

Side question: I have an evl3 connected to the panel, is there any software that I can connect to it and do the programming from?

Thanks!

Last edited by Sriracha; 05-24-15 at 09:52 AM.
Old 05-24-15, 11:53 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 123 Votes on 114 Posts
If they have used the downloader software to lockout local access programming, then that motherboard is essentially bricked (without the cooperation of the original installer).

About all you can do is default the system. Since you seem to have a installer code that works, it doesn't sound like they used the installer lockout function, but you will be stuck having to reconfigure the system to match your system configuration.

Old 05-24-15, 12:10 PM
S
The installer lockout mode is enabled (10 clicks at startup). The reason I have the installer code and master code is because I brute forced them.
Since I have the master code, I can use the system for my home automation.
The only issue is that warning light because of trouble code 3 4.

Is there a way to confirm that they have used the downloader software to lockout local access programming?
If the installer lockout mode is enabled and I default the system, will the lockout local access programming go away?
Is there another way to do it?

Thanks!

Old 05-24-15, 06:51 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
The fact that you can initiate programming mode, but cannot enter any programming sections is the most basic indication that the local programming access has been locked out. I don't _think_ that a default will clear that; but it's worth a shot; in any case you either get control of the system, or you will _still_ need another motherboard.

Only the copy of the software that locked it, can unlock it (or one running the same access code).

Old 05-25-15, 05:03 AM
S
I don't think it worth risking the motherboard for the warning light only, I can still connect my home automation to it and receive all events.
Do you know where to get the software you are talking about? Or what is the name?

Thanks!

Old 05-25-15, 05:35 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
It's called DLS. Here's a link: https://support.aartech.ca/index.php...mming-software

I'm not too fond of it, because I find the interface a little on the clunky side, and for most basic installs, by the time I've setup and connected the computer, I could have manually programmed most of the basic stuff...

Old 05-25-15, 10:17 AM
S
Do you know the easiest way to connect DLS5 to the PC1616?
Can it be done through EnvisaLink3 or I need to connect it through a serial port (PC-Link?)?
Thanks

Old 05-25-15, 11:23 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
If you look at the specs in link provided, it will tell you that there is a connection cord module needed to connect to the alarm panel.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: