Safewatch Pro 3000, phones and Paging

Old 05-24-15, 12:25 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Safewatch Pro 3000, phones and Paging

Hi there,

What, if any, is the relationship between the Dialer Programming (*41/42) and the pager number(s) (*160-172)?

Can I have the primary phone no be a company (like Nextalarm) and the second phone no be my cell phone?

I have reviewed several threads about setting up paging and calling - but it's not clear to me, would like the ability to get alerted when there is an alarm triggered or a fault.

Can I set it up so that any time an alarm is triggered I get a text message on my Verizon wireless phone? The posts I've read seem to indicate the ability to have the system call or text my phone, but I've tried using the codes to put in my cell phone number in *41 and *160 and set it to 44 for reporting all alarms and troubles, but I get nothing...

thanks!

Old 05-24-15, 12:55 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Are you using a 1 in front of the area code and number? Just curious if that is helpful. You do need a 1 first or country code like a home phone and be connected to a land line or similar dialer. VoIP doesn't always work either.

Old 05-24-15, 07:03 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 261 Upvotes on 240 Posts
You need the pager programming locations for calling your mobile phone. *41 and *42 are strictly for central station connection, and the pager programming is independent of the primary dialer programming.

The only way to get text requires adding something like the envisalink module and service.

Each zone needs to have a report code set in the zone programming to activate a dial out (if it had already been reporting to ADT, those should already be in place). There is also a built in 30 second dialer delay.

Programming manual: http://site.aesecurity.com/Manuals/v...mmingguide.pdf

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: