Delayed motion sensor in Concord 4

Old 06-03-15, 12:11 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Delayed motion sensor in Concord 4

I want to setup a PIR sensor with delayed alarm when Concord 4 system is armed to stay. If I program it into group 20, it is only active when the system is armed to level 3 (away). But with auto-stay feature, it seems to be impossible to arm to level 3 without opening a door.

It seems the only way to have delayed sensor at level 2 is group 10, entry/exit. Can I program a wireless PIR sensor into group 10, or is there a better way to do it?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-15, 05:58 AM
C
Received 34 Votes on 33 Posts
You can program any sensor into group 10. Remember, you're actually programming the panel, not the sensor; and the panel treats all RF signals from "sensor nn" however you program it (the panel) to treat them(the RF signals). The kind of sensor that sends the signals is totally irrelevant. The panel doesn't know or care.
I know we most often refer to "programming a sensor into the panel", but what we're actually doing is programming a zone in how to treat signals from a sensor. It's an example of ambiguous jargon confusing the newcomer.

Programming the PIR zone into group 10 is probably the easiest way to do what you want.

Old 06-04-15, 06:19 AM
M
I have tried putting PIR into zone 10 last night and it does work. The only problem is that it doesn't give me a separate "night" mode with PIR active, and "day" mode with PIR inactive but other sensors active. Bypassing 2 PIR sensors would be a real hassle unless I get an ATP2100 panel with macro keys.

So it seems the real problem is the difficulty of turning off the "auto stay" feature. Is the only way to do it is with software? It seems from earlier posts that its a real hassle to setup. I don't have a phone line in the house, otherwise I would pay someone to call in and turn it off.
The best other option I can come up with is to run extra wires to the touchpad and setup a button that trips a fake zone 10.

Old 06-04-15, 08:57 PM
M
Arm to away without exiting in Concord 4

Looking at other forums gave me an idea on how to enable arm to away without opening a door on Concord 4. Program output 2 with code 01000 and connect it to a free hardware zone on the panel that is configured normally open in group 10. This works fine. I suppose one can also use a relay in series with a NC actual door switch without wasting a hardware input.

Needless to say, this "solution" is ridiculous! In retrospect, I would have picked a different brand panel to avoid this patronizing restriction.