Reprogram System

Old 06-21-15, 02:43 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Reprogram System

Hi everyone. I am in need of some assistance with my Protection One system. Comcast installer came out today and tried to take over my system. He took protection system apart and then informed me that the Protection One wireless sensor were not compatible with there system. When he put the protection one system back together nothing worked. I called Protection One and they want to charge me to have a tech come out. Is there anyway that I can do it myself. I have a 320P1 system.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-15, 03:05 PM
It's basically a Vista 20p system. You should be able to get in programming with the power down and * # method...

What exactly do you see on the display and what do you need to fix?

Old 06-21-15, 03:14 PM
I am getting a C5 error and nothing chimes when it is open. What exactly is the power down method?

Old 06-21-15, 03:31 PM
What kind of keypad do you have? Touchscreen? Regular push button lcd display?

If your only keypad is a touchscreen, not able to get in without installer code.

Otherwise, power down system battery and AC transformer.
Power back on battery first, then AC. Within 50 seconds upon powering up, go to keypad and press and hold both * and # buttons togetger.

You should see "20" or "entering programming" "installer code"

Then you can work from there. Still searching for C5 code. I believe aui devicee maybe? Never seen C5 tho

Old 06-21-15, 03:41 PM
Sorry but I going to have a ton a questions.
First off I have a regular push button lcd display.

How do I actually power down system battery and the AC transformer?
What do I do after I see ""20" or "entering programming" "installer code" "?

Old 06-21-15, 03:48 PM
C5 is jumper fault protection. Sounds like a physical problem rather than programming...

Old 06-21-15, 04:00 PM
Unless you know what the Comcast tech did and take a shot at fixing it, I suggest calling Comcast and complain that your system needs restored as it was working before they came. Come back and fix it or they can pay your bill for P1 tech...

Old 06-21-15, 04:02 PM
I am sure it has something to with the way he wired the system back.
I would like still like to try the power down method if you don't mind providing the instruction.

Old 06-21-15, 04:21 PM
If you know where the AC plugs in then you can unplug it. Otherwise, grab a screwdriver. Go to the panel cabinet and pull one wire from the battery inside. Then disconnect AC from wall or unscrew terminal 1 (very left hand side) and carefully remove wire.

DON'T LET IT TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE!

I usually bend it out away. Then replace the battery wire. Then replace the AC wire or plug in.

Go directly to keypad and hold * and # keys

Now you are in programming.

Not much you are needing to do here but you can press # 2 0 and record the digits of installer code. One digit at a time for 4 digits. 04 = 4 so on.
Then * 9 9 to exit programming

Old 06-21-15, 05:36 PM
Yes I will be complaining tomorrow.

I have no idea what he did. I really don't think he had a clue either. smh

If I can get to point that I get into programming, how do I add the wired and wireless senors to the systems.

Old 06-21-15, 10:00 PM
Thank for your help jdh79.
I am still trying to get it resolved. I am now getting the 01-05 are not ready. How can I resolve this?

Old 06-22-15, 08:23 AM
Make sure these closed. Check the wiring to terminals 8 and 9 for zone 1 and terminals 15 and 16 for zone 5.

These could be a door or a motion but hard to say without either a list or walking around and opening things one by one. Turn on the chime and make sure all the doors work be my first place to start.

Old 06-23-15, 03:19 AM
Ok did a walk through and checked each of the zones and check to see if they were working.

Here are the zones
1 Smoke detector
2 door
3 door
4 motion detector
5 glass break

I noticed the motion detector and glass were not on. Went panel board and saw that wiring was messed up. The Comcast tech had the red power wires hooked up to the terminals. I think he missed understand a note on the panel that the Protection one tech wrote down. The Comcast tech also had what I believed was a resistor connected to the red wire. I took a chance and removed the resistors (not sure how important they are) and hook up red wires directly to the power terminal. Checked on the motion detector and glass break and they both were on. Connected the yellow and green wires to terminals for zone 4 and 5 Checked the keypad and I was still getting a not ready for all five zones. No error message for any of the wireless sensors even though the motion detector and glass break are on. Also checked the wireless senors and the wired door and everything chimes when opened. Not sure what to do now.

Old 06-23-15, 08:09 PM
Need clarification as to what you mean by motion and glassbreak being "on".

Also, if you only have zones 1 - 5, these are all wired. Wireless would be 9 and higher.

If you can take a picture of your panel wiring, that may be helpful. It is worth noting that some techs may use the yellow and green for power to motion and glasdbreak, keeping red and black throughout zone wiring. It all depends on the tech. If there was a resistor installed on one of thered wires, maybe it should've went to a zone terminal?

If your motion and gkassbreak have a constant light on, this is not correctly wired. It should only come on when "tripped".

If you removed a resistor from each wire, this could be your problem.

Hope some of this is helpful... post picture if possible. We'll get it straight.