Fa1600c

Old 06-23-15, 08:51 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Fa1600c

Hey all,

Just bought a "working" FA1600C off of eBay for a great price. Unfortunately I did not have a transformer of the proper voltage for it, so I decided to boot it up for a minute or two on the battery alone to make sure it was working before I order a transformer. Hooked up a single 12v 7ah battery, assigned keypad to address 00, and the keypad started displaying misspelled gibberish. "***DYSARMED***" and garbled text of faulted zones.

I took the battery off and thought maybe it was under powered with only one battery. So I got a second and hooked both up to the four battery terminals on the panel, and the thing booted again. This time though, some of the relays on board started flipping out and the keypad remained blank. Restarted it again with one battery, and now I get no response from the panel at all. Keypad powers up, but that's it...no text or anything.

Did I fry this panel somehow, or was it not as "working" as the seller stated? Panel was also locked with no key, so it's unlikely that he tested it before listing.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-15, 02:48 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 28 Votes on 27 Posts
The FA1600c is a version of the Vista 100. It's a _very_ complex system, and I wouldn't recommend it for an inexperienced DIY.

I'm actually surprised that it started on battery alone, at all. Most modern alarm panels need the 60hz from the transformer to kick start the system.

Try it again with a transformer. As long as you didn't connect the batteries reverse polarity, I doubt you damaged anything.

manual: http://www.nassecurity.com/manuals/VISTA100.pdf