Honeywell Vista p15

Old 06-24-15, 08:30 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Honeywell Vista p15

I bought a new house which has Honeywell Vista 15p. They didnt provide the manual, and I didnt think it was a big deal. I got the manual online. But it seems like it has a master code that I will need. They didnt provide one. I am trying to get this through my realtor from last 2-3 days with no avail.

But for two reasons, I think I dont need anything like a master code -
1) The owners have been prompt with everything else with the house. All other manuals, keys, etc
2) More important: When my wife first entered the house (I wasnt there), the alarm rang and she pressed 01 (zone code for front door which was on the alarm notes) and the alarm stopped. How can a alarm stop w/o a security code?

Does that mean I have to set the master code or something? But the manual does not say anything?

Should I push my realtor or is there something I can do here. Pls help if anyone is an expert.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-15, 10:10 PM
When you say, the alarm "rang", do you mean it was constant or it beeped 3 times? It may only be the Chime feature is on.

The master code or any user code will be 4 digits long.

You can retrieve the installer code by powering down the system and powering up, use the * # method to enter programming, described in the sticky "Alarm Forum FAQ"

Find the installer code and then use it to set your own master code:
[Installer Code ] 8 0 2 [ New master code ] system will beep to acknowledge

Turn chime on or off, enter: [code] 9

Old 06-25-15, 07:18 AM
Thank you. Some updates -

My wife said it was a loud alarm, not a chime. I got a reply from my realtor - "I dont remember where the alarm manual is. I dont remember any other code than: 62511"

I have changed the 2nd and 3rd digits in this post for privacy. Now I think this is the 4 digit code + 1, right?

I will first try this one. If not, then go through the "Alarm FAQ" to retrieve the installer code.

BTW, the chime feature was not on for the 1 week we have been in the house. I also tried pressing 9 and opening the front door. But nothing happened.

Old 06-25-15, 07:49 AM
Chime is a toggle on/off feature enabled/disabled by pressing the Master Code followed by 9. When the keypad shows the word Chime, then it's enabled and opening a door should cause a keypad chime.