Ademco/Honeywell Lynx-R system questions

Old 06-25-15, 01:13 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ademco/Honeywell Lynx-R system questions

Moved into a house with the above system and received absolutely no documentation with it.

I've downloaded manuals and have managed to get the installer code and setup a code for myself. Pressed the Status button twice to have it tell about the 2 faults that were showing. One, a zone 03, is for a missing 5816 door sensor I know about. The other, zone 05, was for a motion sensor where the batteries were so low that it didn't display a low battery indication. I've replaced the batteries and test verified the sensor works now.

I have two questions to start:
- Is there a way to have the system tell me how each sensor is programmed, zone number, etc?

- How do I delete the missing sensor from the system and replace it with a new sensor I bought without messing up any other related programming?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-15, 05:45 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 32 Votes on 31 Posts
You can use the *56 programming mode and view the settings for each zone:

http://www.nassecurity.com/manuals/ADEMCOLYNX.pdf

It sounds like you already have a basic grasp on the programming syntax.

To replace a transmitter, you change the loop number to 0, which will let you delete that serial number without deleting the rest of the zone settings. Then you just enroll the new transmitter in its place.

Old 06-26-15, 08:00 AM
The system also supports voice prompt programming which you may find easier to use - https://www.alarmgrid.com/documents/...gramming-guide.

You'll need the installer code but if you power cycle and press and hold * and # right after powering up, it will get you into programming. Once you show Installer Code 20, press #20 to view the current 4 digit installer code. It will be displayed as four 2-digit numbers with a beep after each number.

Old 07-01-15, 04:06 PM
Thanks for the help. The voice mode was very helpful. I've replaced the missing door sensor and listed out listed out all the sensors and deleted two key fobs from the list.

Is it typical that each sensor is a different zone? I ask because the Installation and Setup Guide lists zones by type. Each of my sensors is a separate zone number.

I eventually get an FC fault code which, I assume, is because I have the phone line unplugged in the main unit because I don't want it calling whatever monitoring company it's programmed for while I'm trying to get the system working. I thought I read that deleting any phone numbers was the way to go. True or not?

Old 07-01-15, 04:23 PM
Yes, each sensor will be a zone when dealing with wireless sensors.

As for the FC, that is a failure to communicate message and is related to the phone line being unplugged. I would just ignore that message until you are done as opposed to deleting the phone line programming. As long as you know what it means, it's not a problem that it's displayed.

Old 07-01-15, 06:00 PM
True, but at some point I'll have to delete and/or replace the number(s) there as I have no idea what's programmed.

Old 07-01-15, 06:17 PM
If you go into programming and do a *41* command it will blank out the central station receiver number.

You can view the number by pressing #41 if you want to know what it's set to now.

Old 07-01-15, 06:30 PM
I tried 4112 800 #41 and all it displays is "00" very quickly followed by "20".

Old 07-01-15, 06:33 PM
Sounds like you pressed #41 too soon?
Once in programming you will see "20" then try it again

Otherwise the number you have is 02 which seems unlikely

Old 07-01-15, 06:45 PM
You were right. Once I waited for the 20 to display I pressed #41 (or #42) and get "EE" which indicates some sort of error.

Old 07-01-15, 06:51 PM
Is this a Monitronics panel by any chance? EE is an invalid entry. Some proprietary systems lock out the phone number programming so it can only be used with that company.

Old 07-01-15, 06:54 PM
I think that means these are cleared already. Do you know if the system was monitored previously? If so it may have a cellular unit inside. You can enter *55 0 to delete the cell trying to communicate.

Try #55 first. If you see a 3 then it was cell monitoring

Old 07-01-15, 06:59 PM
Sterling has a good point there. Does the keypad beep 3 times while showing EE or 1 longer beep? If 1 longer like error beep, I would say Sterling is dead on right.

Old 07-01-15, 10:31 PM
I don't know if it was monitored previously.
It does have a Monitronics label on the front.
It doesn't beep at all when showing EE.
#55 returns a 0 with 3 short beeps.

Old 07-01-15, 11:49 PM
The FC error code will only show up again if it tries to dial out.

55 being 0 means it was set up for phone line communication. No cellular.
You could try *41 *, but it might just show EE still as with the #41.

If you are just using it without monitoring then its not a big deal but if you wanted to have a fresh system with no phone numbers or trouble, you can get a lynx plus online for maybe $50. It programs the same and would be compatible with your wireless sensors. Its not too fancy but it does show more words on the display. Same voice announcements and voice prompt programming still available. Just a thought...

Old 07-04-15, 10:06 AM
Thanks, I'm slowly getting this figured out. I have a question about door sensors. My back door is sliding patio door with a regular magnetic door contact. It's programmed as a delay door. d like this to be a non-delay door since there's no way it would be used as an entry door. I've tried deleting and re-adding the sensor but the only choice with voice programming seems to be a delay door. Can this be done?

Old 07-06-15, 04:38 AM
You'll need to enter regular programming mode (Installer Code + 800) to make that type of programming change.

Once you are in programming mode, press * 56 and then enter the digit zone number in question followed by *. You'll be on the Zone Type option and you'll want to change it to option 03 Perimeter. You'll need to press * a handful of times until you get back to the Zone Number screen. On that screen, hit 00 to quit and then *99 to exit programming mode. Your door should be an instant alarm once set to Perimeter Zone Type.