Honeywell L5200

Old 06-25-15, 04:43 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Honeywell L5200

I want to buy Honeywell L5200 Security system, but I just need your help with couple of questions. Can I program it to call my cell phone? and since I'm going to live in Saudi Arabia for a while, will I be able to use "GSMVLP5-4G"card to call my cell phone, or do I have to buy a sim card when I get there?

I would really appreciate your help!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-15, 04:52 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 25 Votes on 24 Posts
The GSM communicator for one of these works on the AlarmNet network; it can't call a standard mobile phone. The best you can do, if you have the service set up correctly, it can send you a SMS message or even an email. Honeywell may make an overseas version that would work in Saudi Arabia, but I'm in no way certain.

Old 06-26-15, 07:05 AM
Using the GSMVLP5-4G in Saudi Arabia may or may not work depending on whether or not the SIM card can get good signal strength. However, it's not going to allow you to receive phone calls from the system.

If you did want to try it, you'd need to sign up with a company that offers AlarmNet Total Connect 2.0 service. With that service, you'd be able to remotely control the system from totalconnect2.com or from the Total Connect 2.0 mobile app. You would also be able to setup email/text alerts.

While the GSM may not work, the L5100-WIFI module certainly would work as it only needs internet.

Old 06-26-15, 07:50 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Lynx

The GSMVLP5-4G won't work in Saudi Arabia that's for sure.

Old 06-26-15, 09:55 AM
Have you tried one there? We've been able to register GSMs in areas of the world you wouldn't expect.

Old 06-26-15, 03:13 PM
Thank you all for your help. I took "Sterling D" advice, and I bought the "L5100-WIFI module". I want something certain, so I'm going to go with it. I just hope that it'll be effective!

Thank you all again, and thank you Sterling D.

Old 06-26-15, 03:34 PM
Happy to help.

Just to clarify, you will need some level of service to use the WIFI module. If you search Total Connect 2.0, you should find plenty of places offering that service.