NX-6V2 : Fail To Communicate with NX-592 CDMA Module

Old 06-28-15, 01:46 PM
NX-6V2 : Fail To Communicate with NX-592 CDMA Module

Hello,

I have newly constructed home with a Caddx/Interlogix NX-6V2 panel that is now being monitored by AlarmRelay. Panel communication occurs using a NX-592 panel over Verizon which provides very good coverage in this area.

AlarmRelay is reporting a communication failure from the panel which I've confirmed through the log. They're suggesting the cellular module is bad. Can anyone suggest any troubleshooting steps to verify the module?

After the panel was configured, a series of zone tests were sent to AlarmRelay. They confirmed receipt and all seemed well. The next day, the failure messages began to appear; although, AlarmRelay and Alarm.com appear to be receiving messages as expected.

Could this issue be programming related? It's odd events are being received by the central station, but a communication issue is being reported. Can the kiss off be verified or impacted by a misconfigured location?

I have reset the panel by disconnecting the battery and AC. This cleared the error; although it returned at the next alarm. It doesn't occur for general arm/disarm events. Alarm.com reports those as expected.

I'd appreciate the help anyone can provide. In the interim, I've ordered a new cellular module at the recommendation of the monitoring station.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-15, 02:10 PM
Some verizon modems dont like to work with alarm signals. Doesnt make much sense when they work fine as a phone but wont send alarm signals no matter what you do. I would look into that or try listening in as the panel dials out, but you may need a different communication path.

Old 06-28-15, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the reply.

To confirm this is a Networkx NX-592 Cellular Module. The only other choice I'd have is to use an Internet module which I'd prefer to avoid.

Old 06-28-15, 05:41 PM
http://www.interlogix.com/_/assets/l...tall_instr.pdf

Here is a link of the installation guide. Sorry I had misunderstood your previous post...

Be sure that you have your wiring correct and the unit is registered properly with service.
You should not have any blinking led1(trouble indicator) but should have some signal indication on led4.

If your wiring is correct and it is registered, check your programming as stated in the link above.

Old 06-28-15, 08:41 PM
Wiring is correct and verified. Module status lights are as expected. No error codes reported on L1. Comm test fails. I wonder if it's something on the main panel in lieu of the module, but I'm at a loss. I do hear a click on the main panel at the beginning and end of the communication test. I'm assuming it some type of relay.

In any case, the cellular module appears to be as expected. I guess I could disconnect it, reset the panel, and add it again. Since the comm setting are on the panel they should be retained.