Safewatch Pro 3000 after 3 day power outage issues

Old 06-30-15, 09:32 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Safewatch Pro 3000 after 3 day power outage issues

Hello, my house suffered a 3 day power outage. When power came on, my ADT SafeWatch Pro 3000 was saying all batteries for motion and window detectors needed to be replaced. This made no sense since they are all Lithium batteries. It also said FC. I unplugged the battery backup and turned off the unit from the electrical panel, then connected the battery and power supply. The panel says AC and Chime, no more beeps. So far so good.

However, the Chimes don't work when I open the door. I checked the panel by putting it into test mode and sound was coming out of the panel.

Then every so often (every 15 to 20 hours), the panel chirps and tells me to replace every sensor battery again. It makes no sense to me, why would a power outage drain all the sensors lithium batteries.

I was thinking of just replacing the backup battery since I don't know how old it is. I bought the house 3 years ago but don't think that would fix it since I'm not getting a LOW BAT message.

Any ideas? This is not a monitored unit. I do have the installer code as well.

I would like to get the chimes working. Could a 3 day outage have erased all of the units memory and I have to reprogram the door/window sensors again?

Thank you for replies.

Old 06-30-15, 02:35 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
It's telling you to replace the main system battery. Have you tried turning on the chime function? Is it possible that your system is running on failing battery power so the wireless receiver isn't working right? Are you sure the system has AC power?

You can turn the power off til the next ice age, and the system programming would not delete.

Old 07-01-15, 07:17 AM
S
Hello,

Yes, I have turned on and off the chime function multiple times and it's currently saying "CHIME" on the keypad.

On the top right of the keypad it says AC. When I turn off the circuit breaker to the alarm, it says "NO AC".

The wireless receiver is located in the main panel in the basement, with a green light flashing. When I open any door or window - no chime. I was reading another thread on different site where they said it could be the wireless receiver. http://www.justanswer.com/home-secur...wer-days.html# but there was no conclusion to this problem on other thread. Name:  wireless receiver.jpg
Views: 2787
Size:  47.4 KB

Old 07-01-15, 07:27 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
If all your wireless zones are showing "check", and this was after a storm/power incident; the only thing remaining is a failed wireless receiver.

Old 07-01-15, 08:04 AM
S
Thanks, it looks pretty easy to replace. I work in the IT field, so I'm use to changing out boards. Is there any programming that has to be done on the panel or is it a simple rip-out and replace and you're good?

Old 07-01-15, 02:45 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
All of the device programming lives in the alarm control; the RF receiver is just an interface. If nothing else is wrong; it should start picking your transmitters up as soon as you send an open and close from each device.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: