Cancelling ADT - Can they lock out my system?

Old 06-30-15, 04:24 PM
Cancelling ADT - Can they lock out my system?

I have a Safewatch Pro 3000 with ADT Pulse also connected. I retrieved and changed my installer code today before calling and requesting cancellation. When I cancelled, the CSR informed me that on July 12, when my service ends, my Alarm System will cease to function. Is there any truth to this and/or any steps I need to take in the meantime to prevent them from remotely accessing my system and locking me out?

I am planning on self-monitoring and reprogramming the call out numbers at that time.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-15, 05:57 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
If your system communicates via phone lines; the simple solution is to unplug the phone jack until you get a chance to go into the programming and delete the monitoring phone numbers and the download phone number.

Your system is a slightly modified Vista 20p.

No it's not on a timer, or the like. They have to be able to send a downloader software command to disable the system.

If you are using a cellular or IP communicator, it's a little more complicated, but not much. Most of the "Pulse" software features requires access to their network; so you would loose that...