ADT GS 3060 alarm system gone berserk

Old 07-03-15, 08:24 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
ADT GS 3060 alarm system gone berserk

Our alarm system screen has a yellow steady triangle light, with an ajar door icon on screen. *2 - shows 1,2,3,4,6. There are wireless untampered contacts in place. The control panel has a red blinking light, yellow cell light and 2 green lights on. What could possibly be the issue. Is it something that I could fix on my own?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-15, 08:02 AM
Have there been any changes to ANY wiring in the house, phone lines, etc.?

Do you have a land line phone and is that working?

Old 07-04-15, 06:30 PM
No recent changes. The only thing different has been successive power outages within my area, lasting less than 5 secs due to storms (so we were told).

Old 07-07-15, 10:56 PM
The gs3060 is the cell unit but not the alarm model. I assume you have a dsc or branded type. If you have the model number from the main control box, that may be helpful.

Count the number of red flashes followed by a pause and count again. This will help identify the exact trouble with the cell unit. Most likely it's the battery but unit may need replaced.

Old 07-08-15, 09:35 PM
The keypad displays a number for the trouble condition when pressing *2. You have several.

1 = general system trouble
2 = AC loss
3 = phone line trouble
4 = failure to communicate
6 = zone trouble

Pressing 1 will display more detail about that trouble and then # back and press 6 to view more details again. Consult your user manual.

Note that trouble light 8 is loss of clock which you don't have...

My assumption would be that power outage has either caused the cell unit (gs3060) to go bad maybe or blew the transformer and is causing most of your trouble on the keypad.

Now the cell unit IS NOT YOUR ALARM PANEL... The alarm cabinet will be slightly larger and usually have a lock on front with some sort of label either on front or inside door. However, if you view the blinking red light on the gs3060 and count the number of flashes between a 2 second pause, then we can determine the trouble with the cell unit.

If the cell is not working and you have cellular primary communication, many times it is monitored by a zone in the panel and the phone line dialer connects to the cell also. Therefore, fixing the gs3060 trouble will probably clear trouble 1,3,4, and 6. I suspect if the power has restored by now then trouble 2 is no longer present unless you have a tripped circuit breaker or bad transformer in which case the system is likely blank without power. Hopefully the power is on and trouble 2 is gone.