Concord 4 with zwave questions

Old 07-04-15, 03:33 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Concord 4 with zwave questions

I am considering merging my home automation over to z wave but I have a few questions:

1) Can you use x-10 and z wave simultaneously with the concord 4 or is it one or the other??

2) Do you need to be signed up with a automation provider like alarm.com to use z wave or is that just so you can remotely access your z wave devices?

3) What addon card/cards would I need to make my concord 4 z wave ready?

4) Would I be able to set z wave lights as "entry lights" and link them to sensors through the keypad like I can with the x-10?

Old 07-05-15, 06:56 PM
R
No one can help me with these questions?

Old 07-05-15, 07:57 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 241 Votes on 220 Posts
Volunteer forum: Not manned 24-7...

Z-wave and X-10 are separate technologies. They do similar things; but require separate hardware. The Concord can interface with both, with the necessary hardware add-ons.

http://help.livewatch.com/entries/21...-the-Concord-4

To use the remote functions; you will generally need an external service.

Old 07-05-15, 10:18 PM
R
Sorry, if that came off as impatient. I was going to just "bump" but the forum requires a minimum amount of words.

I understand they would both need separate hardware but I was wondering if they could both be used at the same time provided I have both the powerline adapter and zwave module connected to the panel. Or does the Zwave module have no way of controling the devices other than through a provider like alarm.com?

Old 07-07-15, 05:17 PM
G
You need alarm.com to control zwave via their app...
You could bypass Alarm.Com and use a zwave hand help controller to control zwave devices...would not interface with your concord system however..

Without Alarm.Com, you cannot sent your zwave lights as Entry Lights...

Old 07-07-15, 05:26 PM
R
Thank you GEGUY, that answers my question.

I think x10 is still my best solution even though it is old technology it does what I need it too. Well, except that it does not allow for dimming through the keypad.

If I decide to replace my locks with zwave I will look into the alarm.com monthly fee.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: