Bell Squawk Required for Wireless Keys

Old 07-05-15, 05:53 PM
Bell Squawk Required for Wireless Keys?

I have a PC5010 that I installed about 10 years ago and everything works well. I'm interested in adding a PC5132-433 solely to add remote keys now but had some questions before I buy them.

In the manual for the 5132 it states:

"NOTE: Control units must have the ‘Arm/Disarm Bell Squawk’ feature enabled when using wireless key devices. The bell squawk must be heard outside of the home."

Given that, I'd like to have the system completely silent when arming/disarming (keypad beep is ok). I live in a condo and don't want to disturb neighbors when I disarm very early in the morning and don't want the 'Arm/Disarm Bell Squawk' feature enabled at all. Will the wireless keys/5132 work without it enabled? It says "must" but is that a functional requirement or a suggestion for ease of use?

Right now, I'm using the keyswitch zone to disarm the system via my cell phone. I'd like to simplify that and just use the DSC wireless keys instead (plus I want to arm in stay mode from outside). Alternately, is there a way to arm in stay mode (no entry delay) via the keyswitch? It appears I can only arm in away.

Thanks

Last edited by rickalders; 07-05-15 at 06:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-15, 07:46 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Yes, that "squawk" feature is intended to for a UL compliant install. For a DIY install, it's not required for the system to function.

Old 07-06-15, 10:43 AM
Thanks so much for the response. I thought that might be the case with UL compliance.

Do you know if the keyswitch zone is able to arm in stay mode or is that capable of arming in away only?

Old 07-06-15, 02:10 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
There is no way to arm this system with no entry delay without entering a user code.

Old 07-07-15, 07:31 AM
The keyswitch can only arm in "Away" mode on PC5010.