Important concerning Honeywell Wireless

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-15, 08:31 AM
I emailed Honeywell about this issue since I've seen quite a few people complaining about this very same issue on this forum and other DIY alarm forums.

Honeywell tech support emailed back with a Direct Wire note that says the following:

When planning service calls to upgrade or replace Vista or Lynx control panels using 5800 sensors built before 2003, it is likely that some of the pre-2003 wireless devices may also need to be replaced.
Therefore, Honeywell recommends reviewing the system installation profile prior to dispatching a service team, in the event that some pre-2003 5800 devices older than 12 years will require replacement.
Background
In 2003 Honeywell made a manufacturing process change to all 5800 wireless sensors. As a result of that change, some original 5800 sensors (older than 2003) may not enroll properly with recently built VISTA or Lynx series control panels.
In the case where a pre-2003 5800 sensor does not enroll into a recent VISTA or Lynx control panel, Honeywell recommends replacement of that sensor.
If a sensor older than 2003 does enroll into a newer VISTA or Lynx system, the sensor can be used normally.

Therefore, it does seem to be a wireless sensor incompatibility with the new panels. They didn't say exactly which versions don't support the older sensors but if I hear from them, I'll post again.

Sponsored Links
Closed Thread