Alexor DSC PC9155-433 - adding new sensors

Old 07-11-15, 08:38 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Alexor DSC PC9155-433 - adding new sensors

I have an Alexor DSC PC9155-433 with a wt5500-433/868 control panel.

Installation manual for reference: http://cms.dsc.com/download.php?t=1&id=16699

I'm interested in adding more sensors to my already active system. On page 12 of the installation manual there are instructions for "Enrolling sensors & Pendants". For actually adding the sensor it doesn't look like the installer code is needed, but it is required for the placement test (instructions on pages 12-13). I don't have the installer code.

My questions are:
  • Is it possible to exit and retry the placement test so I can try to guess the installer code?
  • If I guess the installer code incorrectly will it let me retry or is it possible it will do some system reset/lockout?
  • What is the impact if I don't do the placement test?
  • Are there any other caveats I should be aware of by trying to do this myself?

To note the senors I'm looking to add are the EV-DW4975 - DSC Vanishing Wireless Door Window Sensor (http://cms.dsc.com/download.php?t=1&id=13323) which looks like what I already have installed elsewhere.

Thanks for your help!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-15, 09:30 PM
I believe you will need the installer code to add sensors also. Default is 5555.

If you are able to add them but not do placement test, you can test by using chime feature.
The only advantage of placement test is it will test low power signal reception same as sensor checking in with panel periodically. Most likely unless you have the sensors over 200 feet away, you won't have any issue.

Old 07-12-15, 04:21 AM
Thank you jdh79.

If I guess the installer code incorrectly will it let me retry or is it possible it will do some system reset/lockout?

Old 07-12-15, 07:31 AM
It will let you retry a few times but could lock you out. The time of lockout varies with programming but may be 5 minutes or few hours...

Lockout will not change any system settings.

Old 07-14-15, 05:23 PM
I will give it a shot, thanks again jdh79!