Question regarding Ademco Vista 10SE alarm

Old 07-15-15, 02:18 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question regarding Ademco Vista 10SE alarm

Hi neallyboy and everyone,

Could you guide me how to post a new question here? I have registered and signed in then trying to look around the page to post a question about Vista 10SE home alarm. I can't find a tab to click to post a. Could anyone help me. Your help is a greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Best regards

Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-15, 02:37 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 27 Votes on 26 Posts
You click on the yellow "post a new thread" link at the very top or bottom of the topic list.

Old 07-15-15, 03:31 AM
Vista 10SE. Zone 06 not ready.

Hello everyone, and Dear MrRonFL expert,

Could anyone help me. I have Ademco Vista 10SE. I try to fix my Vista 10SE. When I power down and then power up (plugged in AC) without entering into program mode after 50 seconds then siren is blaring, keypad display showed 06. There are two wires with EOLR 1000 OHMS resistor connected to zone 06 (pin 15 & 16) on motherboard in the panel. This pair of wires going to a window but it is opened due to no Window Sensor Contacts(missing sensor)
Wires from Zone 02 and Zone 03 are also go to other windows and those windows don't have Sensor Contacts either.

If I place a 1000 Ohms resistor across zone 06 then the siren does not blaring after power up 50 seconds even Zone 02 and Zone 03 open.

If Zone 06 is open (no resistor across zone 06), entering program mode by press both * and # keys at the same times within 50 seconds after power is applied to the console to program some common fields, then I exit programming mode by pressing *99 then siren is blaring. Display showed 06. Why Zone 02 and Zone 03 also opened but siren is not blaring when I closed Zone 06.

I don't want siren is blaring just in case the Power go down and then power up when we no body home, it is annoying my neighbor.

Could anyone help me? Your help is a greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Old 07-15-15, 04:30 AM
Quick fix, leave the resistor across the terminals in place of the wires.

Sounds like it is programed as a 24hour monitored alarm. The other windows are probably perimeter instant but whoever had it installed may have wanted that particular window to never open. You can change the zone type in *56 programming...

Old 07-15-15, 07:58 AM
Group Moderator
Received 343 Votes on 321 Posts
I changed the title for you. This is now your thread. What is your question ?

Old 08-06-15, 11:32 PM
Thank you very much MrRonFL, jdh79, PJmax and everyone in replying my questions. I can't thank you enough for your valuable times and your help. I bought this house and the Ademco Vista 10se was installed by a previous owner. I try to fix it and bring it up to working condition and adding some wireless devices if it is possible. I don't know anything about home security alarm systems. I know a little bit about basic of electronic troubleshooting. With my online searching and follow Vista 10se Manual and Instructions, the system is now working without errors if I bypass all opened zones before arming the system (zones 02, 03 and 06 are opened). These three hardwired zones are used for windows, but there are no sensor contacts on the windows due to replacing new double pane windows. Will install window sensor contacts to those windows later on.
The working zones are:
Zone 01: Entry/Exit Doors
Zone 04: Motion Sensors
Zone 05: Emergency/Panic Button

For now, could you guide me how to program zone 06 just like zone 02 and zone 03 I have described in my post on 07-15-15 in case Power Outage and then Power restored back so the system will not blaring in case the window wired to zone 06 is opened during Power restored?
Your help is a greatly appreciated and thank you in advance for everyone's help.

Best regards,
Ken

Old 08-07-15, 01:55 AM
Received 11 Votes on 11 Posts
First thing is to make sure you have an Alphanumeric keypad before you can do zone programming. Do you have at least one keypad with words like "Front Door Zone 01"? Don't even think about entering *56 zone programming without an Alpha keypad.

Unfortunately, the model number number(s) of your keypad(s) is on the back of the back plate of your keypads, but if you have a two-line LCD display, it's a 6139 or 6160 Alpha. If you don't already have one, you can pick one up relatively cheap on eBay, just for programming purposes.
I strongly recommend you do NOT go into *56 zone programming without an Alpha, not even to look: You can foul up the zone programming worse by making entries that you can't see on an Alpha display. It's like driving with the windshield painted over.

Do you have an Alpha keypad?

Old 08-18-15, 02:50 PM
Hi ChosunOne and everyone,

Thank you so much for your help. To answer your question: I don't have an alpha keypad. The existing keypad is a fixed-word keypad model number is 6127/6128. But I just bought 3 New Honeywell items:
1) 6160RF Custom Alpha Integrated Keypad/Transceiver.
2) 5800PIR-RES Wireless Passive Infrared Motion Sensor.
3) 5834-4 Four Button Wireless Key Transmitter.

I want to using both keypads (6127/6128 and 6160RF) and adding item 2 and 3 above. Could you help me how to program the 6160RF keypad and Vista 10se?
After wired the keypad to the console and follow the instruction I don't know what Keypad address should I enter.
1. Keypad address: ??
2. Receiver address: ??
3. House ID ??
4. Enable High Security Mode: Enable or Disable?
5. Disable High Security Devices: Enable or Disable? Etc.

Your help is a greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Ken

Old 08-18-15, 05:52 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
First, start with the manual: http://www.alarmhow.net/manuals/Adem...n%20Manual.pdf

Keypad address on a 10se will be 31 (non-addressed mode)
Receiver address will be 00

Don't worry about the house code, since you aren't using any bi-directional devices (wireless keypads, and the like).

Disable on the high security functions (they are more hassle than they are worth for a residential install)

Then go into system programming and enter *22 1 to make the wireless receiver active in the system. Enroll at least one transmitter, or it will go into trouble after about 12 hours. (check 9)

Old 08-29-15, 04:17 AM
Dear MrRonFL,

First of all, thank you very much for your help. I followed your instruction and setup the 6160RF keypad successful then go into system programming and enter *22 2. You instructed *22 1. I entered 2 for 5800TM system built-in 6160RF keypad. 1 for 5700 system per instruction. I did not have a chance to enroll a wireless motion sensor right after programming then exit field *22 RF SYSTEM TYPE, I entered 2 for that field.
The next day, I got CHECK 09 with fast beeping on the keypad (about 24hours after adding 6160RF keypad). I then went into programming field *56 to enroll the 5800PIR-RES. I enrolled it at zone 10 and programed as Zone Type 03 (perimeter) because I want it alarm right away when it detects a motion. After programming 5800PIR-RES, perform walk test passed, Go/No Go test passed. Armed the system and test the 5800PIR-RES and it work fine. However, check 09 re-occur once in a while when system disarm. Sometimes Check 09 occur two times a day, sometimes once a day, some day none. When Check 09 occur I can not arm the system right after that even I try to clear by enter Code + 1[off key] several times. But it can be cleared by enter Code + 1 after few minutes and system can be armed again.
Is that can be fixed? Is the 6160RF keypad compatible with Vista 10se?

* Hi ChosunOne,

Since I got the Alpha keypad 6160RF, I went to field *56 and check Zone 06 (# + zone number) I mentioned on my previous post. It was programed as Zone Type 07 = 24 hr Audible. I changed it to Zone Type 03.
Thank you for your help.

Again, thank you so so much everyone.

Best regards,
Ken

Old 08-29-15, 05:47 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
If the check 9 is sporadic, and you have just the single transmitter enrolled; then the first two things to check is to make sure that the keypad is securely mounted on it's base, as there is a tamper switch between the keypad and the base plate.

Also, for a Vista 10se the correct entry for *22 is 1.

See page 14-1 of the installer manual: http://www.alarmhow.net/manuals/Adem...n%20Manual.pdf

Old 08-31-15, 03:14 AM
Hi MrRonFL,

First of all, thank you so much for your help and thanks everyone.
I checked the keypad is mounted on it's base good and securely.

The page 14-1 on the link you sent. Yes, the entry is 1 for field *22. I went into system programming and changed field *22 to 1 then exit programming mode. I arm the system and waited for more than 3 minutes(3-minute period conserve battery life) then walk in front of the 5800PIR-RES, it does not work. Turn on Go/No Go test did not pass. I then removed the battery of the 5800PIR-RES and re-enroll from the beginning, but the system never ask for s/n of the 5800PIR-RES. I thought the s/n has been enrolled at zone 10 so it skips for the s/n step.(enroll at the same zone which is zone 10). After enrolling then performed all tests. It doesn't work. I recycled (unplugged AC & DC for 30) the power of the entire system then started to enroll the 5800PIR-RES again with different zone. (I double checked field *22 value still 1). Deleted zone 10 and enroll it at zone 11. The system never ask for the s/n of the 5800PIR-RES when enrolling. So, I just complete the enrolling process then test it. It is not working.
I changed it back value 2 on field *22 then re-enroll the 5800PIR-RES. The system asked for s/n of 5800PIR-RES when enrolling and it works fine after enrolling. I changed it back to value 1 on field *22 and then re-enroll the 5800PIR-RES, I repeated 3 to 4 times but it never work with value 1 on field *22. I have to go back with value 2.

Page number 3 of Programming Form(same website) the value is 2 on field *22 RF SYSTEM TYPE.
http://www.alarmhow.net/manuals/Adem...m%20Manual.pdf

Don't know which value is correct for my system. My 6160RF keypad is mounted within about 5 ft from the 10se console and the 5800PIR-RES is about 25 ft away from the 6160RF keypad.

Again, I can't thank you enough for your help. Have a great day.

Best regards,
Ken