PC5508 Alarm Keypad and System

Old 07-27-15, 11:23 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
PC5508 Alarm Keypad and System

I have a PC5508 Keypad and everything seems to work except the siren does not go off when a window or door is opened. I have run the siren test[*][6][Master Code][4] then press [#] to return to the Ready state. and it goes off. When I open a door or window the light comes on and the system beeps. When setting the alarm, the armed light is on. I can then turn the alarm off with master code. I have confirmed no bypasses are setup. Anybody have any suggestions?

Old 07-27-15, 12:34 PM
J
You should have an exit delay once you arm the system in order to leave the house. Are you waiting long enough after arming it in order to set system into actual alarm state?

Old 07-27-15, 02:27 PM
S
Yes, but even if I open any window, the red light comes on and it beeps saying it has opened, but the siren does not go off.

Old 07-27-15, 05:29 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 261 Upvotes on 240 Posts
What _system version_ is the PC5508 keypad attached to?

Was this an existing configuration, or did you make any programming changes?

Old 07-29-15, 05:26 PM
S
Inside the control box says PC-1555. I have not made any changes. The House was a builders model that we bought new 12 years ago. We lost power a few weeks ago and the trouble light came on. It showed the date and time was lost so I reprogrammed that. I did a test and noticed the siren did not work since then.

Old 07-29-15, 08:33 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Simple test: connect the siren direct to a 12v battery. If there is not sound, then you have a failed or missing siren.

Old 07-31-15, 07:26 AM
S
The siren works. I can test it thru the keypad test *6

Old 07-31-15, 08:56 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
If the test feature sounds the siren, and you are certain that the system is armed, then the only thing remaining is that either your zones are set to the wrong zone type, or the zone attributes have been altered.

Installer manual: https://support.aartech.ca/index.php...llation-manual

Old 08-09-15, 05:06 PM
S
Thank you so much for the manual. Hopefully one last question. I have our code we use to active and turn off the alarm, anyway to figure out the installer's code? I tried what was in the manual as default but that did not work. I have tried pulling power and battery and that did not reset it either.

Thanks again for your help.

Old 08-09-15, 06:50 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
No, the arm disarm code isn't the installer code.

With DSC systems, if the installer code has been changed from the default, the only way to change it back is to hardware default the system (assuming the installer lockout feature isn't enabled). Otherwise, you have to make a lucky guess at what the original installer set as the installer code.

Old 01-11-17, 11:56 AM
D
DSC 5508 Trouble light on but no zone lights.

I have a DSC 5508 and the trouble light is on but none of the zone lights display. I have tried all the * key options in the manual, but no luck. This is my first post so not sure how it all works. Thanks

Old 01-11-17, 03:39 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
5508 is the keypad model, which will work with several system models. To determine your system model, you need to look at the diagram that will be inside the door of the system enclosure (The metal box where the battery resides)

Normally, *2 will display the system trouble. Sometimes, if a system has been allowed to run on a failing battery; what's needed is a full power down (AC and battery) and restart. Once the clock is set, if there are any other troubles, the display should work normally.

One caveat: If you are in the UK, many installers there put a tamper switch on the door of the system enclosure. The _only_ way to clear that particular trouble is to enter and exit system programming.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: