Safewatch Pro 3000 reboots automatically

Old 08-06-15, 09:53 AM
S
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Safewatch Pro 3000 reboots automatically

I have a Safewatch Pro 3000 that reboots automatically on it own randomly. Everytime it reboot, it will beep and it becomes annoying. The system is currently unmonitored but will like to leave the alarm unplugged for door chimes.

There are no alarms or error messages on the panel other than "Chime" and "AC". The only thing is that the breaker to the whole alarm system was turned off and I turn it back on a few hours ago. Could the loss of power be causing the panel to reboot itself?

Old 08-06-15, 11:19 AM
C
Received 65 Likes on 60 Posts
Question, why do you think the panel is rebooting itself? When the panel reboots, it comes up with Chime off, and you have to enter CODE + 6/Chime to turn the Chime back on. Could those random beeps possibly be the Chime sounding? Do they sound the same?

"The system is currently unmonitored but will like to leave the alarm unplugged for door chimes."

I don't understand this. The system is designed to control the Chime by toggling it on and off by entering CODE + 6 (the Chime button) on the keypad. I don't know why you're unplugging the panel's power transformer (if I understood you correctly), but it you leave it unplugged a lot, you're draining the panel battery down. The battery will recharge when you plug it back in, but you're shortening its service life.

"There are no alarms or error messages on the panel other than "Chime" and "AC". The only thing is that the breaker to the whole alarm system was turned off and I turn it back on a few hours ago."

How long was the breaker off? If you killed power to the panel for long enough, the battery will be dead and the panel will act funny until it recharges, which may take an entire day. If the battery was discharged completely and left uncharged long enough, it may not recharge.
If the battery was disconnected (which is the proper procedure to power down the panel), and was not re-connected when you turned the breaker back on, then the panel is operating without a battery and will act funny--like beeping every time there's a line power hiccup or every time your refrigerator kicks on.

What's the status of your panel battery? Is it connnected or not?

Your keypad should be displaying a low battery if the panel battery is missing or low, so if it isn't, then that probably isn't the problem. But I can't think of any good reason to treat the panel that way.

Old 08-06-15, 11:57 AM
S
I say the panel is rebooting because the screen will go blank and the "ready" light will be off and then for a brief second, all the letters on the panel and the "ready" and "arm" lights will turn on, then it beep once and then the normal screen will appear with the "ready" light on only.

The breaker to the whole electrical circuit where the alarm is tied into was left off for some reason. It might have been tripped. The battery was plugged in. But currently, the panel does not show "Bat" and the "AC" is on, so that indicates that the battery is not low and the panel is getting AC power.

Old 08-06-15, 12:01 PM
S
In addition, to the original problem, when I turned on the breaker yesterday, I am getting a "bF" or "6F" error on the screen. I figured I need to go into the programming mode and key in *29 then 0 and then *99 to get out of the programming. This fixes the beeping for a while (this morning) but then just around noon, the beeping comes back again. Is there something else I need to set to get rid of the "bF" or "6F" error code?

Old 08-06-15, 03:51 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 259 Likes on 238 Posts
Is the cellular communicator still wired to the alarm system? If so, disconnect it. It generates the bF trouble on it's own, as long as it's still powered up, even if you turn off the setting in *29.

Leave the AC power on. Running these things on just battery is a guarantee of strange behavior.

Old 08-07-15, 09:44 AM
B
Alarm systems are NOT designed to be turned on/off!

Plug it into an outlet which is always on. And replace the battery.

(If the battery has drained and no longer works, then any power blip will cause it to reboot.)

Old 08-07-15, 10:53 AM
S
It finally stopped. Like MrRonFL said, I need to disconnect the cellular communicator to the alarm system and all the beeping and strange behavior stopped. Thanks to all.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: