Concord 4 - no master codes SOLVED

Old 08-07-15, 12:23 PM
Concord 4 - no master codes SOLVED

Like many of you, I recently purchased a home with a Concord alarm system that had been disconnected (unmonitored) and the original owner did not provide a master code. Without that, your alarm system is toast. I am a computer forensics professional and a cracker so I applied those skills to the problem and was able to come up with a solution that anyone can use, at a cost of about $8.00.
The Concord system (4 in my case) comes with a EEPROM chip that holds all of the codes and system details. Simply powering it down does nothing and shorting the chip's leads may (will) destroy it. Do this::NO NO NO: Watch what you are doing with the chip! There is an index dot on one end, that shows how to orient the chip in it's socket. Make sure you note where that index dot was on your board - before you pull the chip!
Carefully remove the chip with a chip puller (it is not soldered). Mount the chip to an EEPROM reader/writer (about $8 on Ebay), read the chip's memory (32K bytes) and save it to a file with a ".bin" suffix for later use. Using a hex reader (the data is all in hexadecimal) you will be able to locate the the master code at &H03E2 written as two hex digits that are human readable (i.e. 12 34). The user codes, if any, begin at &H0100. They are two bytes long and each is separated by an "FF" (23 45 FF 67 89). If you need the factory code for some reason, it is located at &H16E6 (x123 FF 4567).
I suggest you DO NOT change the codes on the chip, for safety reasons. Carefully replace the chip in the system, With the index mark in the proper position! Power it up normally, and use the master code you found to properly change codes or do whatever your heart desires.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-15, 05:15 PM
Is there a location for the actual dealer/installer code?

I was able to see the master code (which we had changed during initial programming) and then the "4321" code next to it. What I could really use is the installer/dealer code location. I'm not able to get into the full programming menu - but at least I have the nifty EEPROM reader!

Old 09-17-15, 01:39 PM
installer code is located at hex address 0x3E5 in the eeprom

dealer code is a a 2-byte data starts at memory location 0x16F2

Old 01-07-16, 04:46 PM
GE Concord 4 - unable to access programming cmd

Have the Master Code, and after reading the EEPROM, found two additional codes, both of which only open the Quick Programming menu when using 8+Code+03
Using 1 + Master Code to disarm panel then 8+code+0,0 always returns me to the time, regardless of which code I use.
Want to delete a sensor so require access to the full programming menu.

Any suggestions welcome.

Old 01-08-16, 10:54 AM
User Codes and Menus

The entire user manual for the Concord 4 system can be downloaded as a PDF, I would keep the quick reference guide handy.

Not knowing which of the system variations you have, I can only say that on my system I access the codes set up by pressing "menu" followed by the master code. This opens the menu selections, which are navigated by pressing the A,B,C,D, codes on the left of the panel. Pressing "B" to go down, navigates me to the "User Codes" menu where I can make any changes desired. If you have a different panel, your mileage will be different. I know someone with a different panel that I can look at and will let you know what I find.

In general, the user codes will not access the master menu. You must use the master code to make any changes.

Old 01-08-16, 12:01 PM
Thanks Tx,
I have the pdf and have referenced it quite often without success (GE FTP-1000 Panel). Basically, think I am missing either the dealer or installer code for access to the main programming menu.
As I mentioned previously, I have the User (Master) code, which only allows basic homeowner access to Arm, Disarm, Stay, Away, etc.
After reading the EEPROM I found two additional codes, but when trying to access the Main Programming menu with these codes via 8+Code+00 the panel kicks me back to Time. The 2 Codes DO access the Quick Programming menu via 8+code+03, but that only allows changes to Account, CS Phone and Learn Sensor.
I've scoured the EEPROM read file, checked the address location provided by patchmeister, but have not come up with any other viable 4 digit code.
Currently at a loss re what to do next (besides ripping out the bloody thing ).

Old 01-08-16, 01:11 PM
Hmmm, re-reading the installation manual for my Concord 4 panel with FTP 1000 wall mount pad, it seems to imply that the pad needs to be plugged directly into the panel using a special 60-791 cable in order to access the Main Programming Menu, whereas Quick Programming can be accessed from the wall mount location. Can anyone verify this interpretation.

Old 01-08-16, 02:01 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
No, the level of programming available is dependent on the keypad model. The installer programming connection just allows you to connect a programming keypad _temporarily_ without it getting enrolled into the system as a permanent device.

The FTP-1000 can _only_ access quick programming, and user functions.

Look at the list on page 3 of the installer manual: http://site.geoarm.com/pdfs/GE/conco...tall-guide.pdf

Old 01-10-16, 12:07 PM
Concord 4 no longer recognizes Dealer/Installer code

I have very similar problem: My Concord 4, which is about 8 years old, suddenly stopped to recognize Dealer/Installer code. The Master Code works fine, but cannot get me to the Programming Mode. Is there a way to erase/re-enter the Installer Code, while having only Master Code?

Old 01-10-16, 12:10 PM
Same problem - how to get to programming mode having only Master Code?
Is there a way to erase/re-set the Installer/Dealer code, which the system suddenly stopped to recognize. ?

Old 01-10-16, 12:16 PM
@ TxTurner:
"and use the master code you found to properly change codes"

This is exactly my question:
How to erase/replace dealer code using Master Code?

Old 01-10-16, 12:58 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
It sounds to me like the installer code may have been inadvertently changed.

Without a working installer or dealer code (or a lucky guess), you are kinda stuck:

http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...d-default.html

That's why some, more enterprising people that have access to chip readers have delved into this. Me, I'd just buy another motherboard, and start over.

Old 01-22-16, 01:39 PM
Thanks MrRon in Florida, completely skipped that part on page 3.
Now, with a used alpha numeric pad off of eBay, and the code that I was able to read off of the EEPROM, problem solved. Took a bit of time, but through perseverance saved a repair bill, or worst case scenario, having to sign up for monitoring just to get the problem resolved.

Old 04-07-17, 11:21 AM
http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...angeout.html#b

Last edited by bry1bry; 04-07-17 at 12:17 PM.