Need help choosing the right security camera set and installation for home

Old 08-17-15, 07:09 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Need help choosing the right security camera set and installation for home

Hello everyone,
I just installed a 4 cam system Q SEE at one of my business location. I keep reading alot of reviews about those rebranded device like q see being crap and only lasting upto 2 years. How accurate is that?

I tried to find prices on Hikvison and nobody seems to offer them directly to me. ANd if I want them installed they want like 3k+ for 8 cam with installation and that is with a no brand junk. ANd if something like hikvison, they want 5k+.

I am a retailer and there is noway any device like that should cost that much. Can anyone provide me with some solid advice and some sites where I can find some information about buying a reliable system.

ALLL I NEED SOMETHING THAT WILL LAST LONG TIME WITH ANDROID VIEWING CAPABILITIES AND CLEAR PICTURES. NOTHING TOOO FANCY.
WHY IS IT SO HARD?!!!! lol
Also the ability to connect 5+ systems in one application.

THanks in advance.

Old 08-17-15, 08:34 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 116 Votes on 107 Posts
Much of the cost of a CCTV install is the labor of installing the infrastructure, and the configuration of the system (which is _much_ more time consuming than most people realize).

Also, with cameras, you really do get with you pay for. Cheap cameras have inferior optics. A _cheap_ 4 camera system, like zmodo, can be gotten from something like newegg, amazon, or the like, for the $200.00 or so, but you still have to add in the cost of wiring and the time to configure it.

_Professional_ grade cameras, that will provide clear, sharp, and adjustable images will run $100-$150 per camera, even at a decent discount. The DVR will add $200-$400 (depending on capacity).

If you elect to go the IP camera route, figure on twice as much per camera (but you don't need the DVR).

Old 08-17-15, 09:35 PM
S
So the magic question is where do I get theM? I dont mind paying 150 per camera if its reliable but where do I get them for?

Old 08-17-15, 09:54 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,342 Votes on 1,240 Posts
Hikvision is a good bang for the buck system. I've installed quite a few of them. They sell 4 and 8 camera packages with an NVR.

You can buy their cameras on amazon. I'm not sure about the packages.

8 channel NVR.... Amazon: HIKVISION DS-7608NI-E2/8P 8CH PoE NVR Network Video Recorder

Cameras..... Amazon: Hikvision - Camera & Photo: Electronics

Old 08-17-15, 10:35 PM
S
Are those even the real brand products ? Cuz I know some of them sell fake. how do I know its real and how do I check the warranty.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: