Pro and cons of IP or NON IP cameras

Old 08-25-15, 02:30 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Pro and cons of IP or NON IP cameras

I understand that IP cameras do need one wire pulled. One wire from each camera to a hub.Non IP cameras need two wires pulled to DVR or CVI (HD-CVI video recorder),for each camera. Is fixed lens or one that can be controlled from a CVI much better. I would probably go with a CVI recorder,if I go that way.Which is easier to view from a android phone?

Old 08-25-15, 06:11 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 126 Votes on 117 Posts
They are roughly equivalent. The IP camera tends to be substantially more expensive at a given lens and CCD quality level, but they are independent of the need for a dedicated DVR.

The wiring isn't that much different, either. While the analog camera needs power as well as video wiring, it's easy to find "Siamese" cable that has the power wires and coax in a single cable assembly.

The rule of thumb that I would go with, If you already have the Ethernet wiring infrastructure, and/or you only need a few cameras, and you have plenty of bandwidth then the IP cameras are going to going to be the better bang for the buck. If you need a lot of cameras, the analog camera/DVR combo is probably going to be more effective.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: