Recently reactivated Vista 20P system acting erratically

Old 08-31-15, 08:37 AM
Recently reactivated Vista 20P system acting erratically

Hi all,

I took my alarm system (Vista20P, 6160RF keypad, and wireless motion sensors and smokes, with some legacy hardwired glassbreaks) offline for just under a year while my home was being renovated.

I recently started bringing the system back online, and everything seemed to be working fine, until a few days ago when, in the middle of the night (of course), the 6160 started randomly chiming and nearly every zone showed a fault, including previously activated zones that I haven't yet reactivated with the applicable wireless devices. I also recently added a Tuxedo Touch WiFi keypad to the system. Any idea what could cause the erratic behavior? (Could it be that the new keypad is drawing too much power from the Vista20P? (I don't have an auxiliary power source at this point, because it seemed that the Vista could handle the devices I was attaching)).

Thanks in advance!

Mike

Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-15, 08:06 PM
Can't tell much from your description but, simply remove the Tuxedo keypad from the system [temporarily] and see if problem persists. I doubt the power draw is too much.

Describe more precisely what you did and what the panel is doing.

Old 09-01-15, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the suggestion, tpring. Let me try that and I'll comment back with the specific fault msgs, etc.

Old 09-09-15, 06:05 AM
In case it helps anyone, I ended up deleting the zones that were throwing "fault" or "check" messages and the system seems to be behaving now. I assume the Vista20P didn't like the fact that the wireless zones didn't have wireless devices that it was looking for, or in the case of the hardwired zones, the wire was likely cut during the renovation, so there was no sensor the panel was seeing. Thanks!