Need help designing home security system

Old 09-08-15, 08:08 AM
Need help designing home security system

Hey guys! i just registered. My name is Emilio and i live in Argentina. I am looking to buy a home security system that i can install and set up myself. I own a construction company and built my own house, so i think i am up to the task of learning a new trick or two. These are my design parameters:

-wireless is preferrable for easy installation
-features i want to set up: video doorbell (for this i have wiring), digital locks, door and window sensors, shatter sensors for fixed glass panels, internal motion sensors.
-no hazard sensors (smoke, flood, freeze, thermo, etc.)
-no external motion sensors, i have two dogs and two cats, and my house is on a slope, so the height detection sensors often detect my pets at human heights.
-is it possible to control external lights too?

This is what i have:

2100 sqft of house in 6 zones
1 acre of land in a sloped forest
4 external doors
7 external windows
15 fixed glass panels (non-opening windows)
1 main gate, where i want to set up the video doorbell
A shotgun and a handgun
Wifi

This is what i don't have:

-Police coverage. This is Argentina. Police can take about 1 hour to reach me if they ever do. There are monitoring services wich could work.
-A landline
-Autonomous energy supply.
-Local security experts that could answer these questions on site.

What would you guys recommend? I have seen several kits, but none of them include digital locks, wich for me are a huge weakness.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-15, 01:15 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Electronic locks, intercoms, and cameras are things that can be made to integrate with an intrusion alarm system, but are not normally part of an intrusion alarm system.

Shop for those items, separately, and look for models that list a security system or access control interface in the specs. _Then_ buy the security system that's both compatible with those, and gives you the other features you want.